yuk! bought some fat free plain greek yogurt, yuk

sleeve genie
on 10/27/10 11:02 am - Alhambra, CA
i bought two containers of fage,  i keep reading about how good it is for you but OMG?  it's awful, can anyone suggest a way to make it go down easier,  i couldn't eat it,   any suggestions would be greatly appreciated,   thanks in advance   jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

Bz4sho
on 10/27/10 11:03 am
 I eat it every morning. I add one packet of splenda, cinnamon, and some berries of some kind. Sometimes slivered almonds if I am in the mood. I also use it for dips ( add ranch packets) and as a sourcream substitute or dip my eggs in it. You have to get creative, or it doesn't taste very good plain. Hope this helps! 
mini_me_ now
on 10/27/10 11:04 am
 i add sugar free jello to mine stir it up pop in blue berries and yum... plain like you tried i use instead of sour cream, or use in place of mayo for more protein.

Linda     5".4

6lbs under goal weight
                  Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Valsdetermined2lose
on 10/27/10 11:04 am
same here , i thought the same thing it's yucky! (LOL) i mixed it in the blender with some frozen strawberrys and it was soooo bitter. I bought some sugar free syrup and tried it again and it was a little better but still bitter tasting. I'm in trouble after surgery if i don't find the right combination to mix it with something.
 HW-267-SW-253-CW-167 I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!!

meleauxdy
on 10/27/10 11:04 am - Fort Lauderdale, FL
#1 mix it with honey.  Its actually REALLY good with honey and I love it.

#2 use it as a base for a shake and mix in milk and some strawberry sugar free jello (the powder).  It makes a nice yogurty strawberry shake.

I agree that it is definitely an acquired tasted.
Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over it became a butterfly - Proverb
HW - 310 / SW - 295.7 / GW -150

amystimetoshine
on 10/27/10 11:07 am - Pleasant Hill, CA
Hi jeani -
   What I have been doing is a 1/4 c of sf jello and a 1/4 c of Fage 0% and blending it in bullet.  That way I like it but by itself its too bitter.   Just moved to the 0% today from the 2% and I don't like it nearly the same so maybe while I finish out liquid and mushy stages I might go back to 2% heck its my ONLY fat LOL    HTH  :-)  Amy 

HW 319   SW  277  CW 180  GW 169
(deactivated member)
on 10/27/10 11:11 am - Germantown, MD
 First suggestion? Don't eat it plain! LOL. It's too bitter! 

I use it in the place of sour cream (it's better for you anyway). Plus I mix protein shakes with it, without protein powder, but it requires things like sugar free jello pudding mix or jello mix, torani/davinci sugar free syrups, etc. I also make dips for chicken or beef by mixing various things into it. One of my favorites is making a ranch dip with it for my chicken. 
damora549
on 10/27/10 11:15 am, edited 10/27/10 11:18 am - NY
Mix it with sugar free syrup or sugar free preserves . Also, crushed pineapple in it's own juice or make into Tsatziki minced cucumber, salt , pepper, a little garlic and fresh dill.

thinnermama
on 10/27/10 11:15 am
The fat free I cannot eat, but I can eat the 2%
I've started blogging my journey here at OH

Single incision lap VSG 10/21/2010

Height 5'2
Pre-op weight: 260
Day of surgery: 240
Current weight: 190

snowbaby
on 10/27/10 11:18 am - Durango, CO
Here is the only way I can stomach it:

Prepare 1 small box of sugar free jello per instructions. Whisk in 6 oz container of plain yogurt, 1 sleeve of crystal light and 1 cup of cool whip lite. Chill.

I love this with lemon jello and crystal light lemonade.  
      Sue 

Bichon Mom2 Oval Sticker

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 444 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 464 views