2 month post op doctor visit report !

BriarRose
on 3/23/11 12:24 pm
According to my accounts, I've lost 28 pounds since surgery.  But the day I got my drain out, day 4 post op, evidently I weighed 3 pounds more, so my surgeon considers my weight loss to be 31 pounds in two months. 

I was thinking that this wasn't so great.  I see folks here losing more....and I know, I know, I shouldn't compare, but you can't help but do that.....

Anyway, surgeon said that my daily journals for my meals looks good, has me on prilosec twice daily, (which is what I was doing), and told me that one of the reasons that I might not lose weight so quickly was that I had done a good job before hand on continuous weight loss, so it was not going to be a dramatic loss of 40 or more pounds.  He told me that my "skin tone was good for my age"  and that I should continue to do well. 

I was surprised to find out that he did a hiatial hernia repair, I didn't recall him telling me that, but frankly, I was so stoned in the hospital, I didn't know much at all !  Also that he used a 36 bogie ,which I didn't know either.  From this experience I can suggest that if you are going to the hospital alone, you might want to request information from the surgeon in writing before hand, because I have absolutely NO recollection of being told any of that !!! 

Next follow up appt in 2 more months.   

He said stick to his guide for increasing diet.  So still no fresh fruit, seeds, nuts for another 3 weeks. 

Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
MediumSoon
on 3/23/11 12:26 pm - TX
That all sounds like excellent news! Keep plugging!!!

ANA B.
on 3/23/11 8:19 pm - ALTOONA, PA
IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE DOING GREAT. KEEP IT UP, YEA FOR YOU.
  VSG 2/10/11                                             DR. ALVAREZ-MY HERO

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 81 views