physician's stats

skinimini
on 3/30/11 7:53 am
Hi.  I was wondering if there is a particular website you can go to , to get your physician's statistics on their success rate, etc.  When  I asked this physician how many VSG's he's done, he says, "Oh, I don't know.  A lot"  Well.....does a lot me 10? 1,000?  I have "interviewed" 3 different surgeons and they all are so vague about their information!  I have heard that they are reputable, but I want to KNOW!!! 

Any help would be appreciated!  I live in Georgia.  Thanks!

Sheri

I am 5' 7" tall and 35-years-old   **Sheri**
My ticker shows who I did this for:  Azure and Malachi

July 10th, 2011:  Down 26 lbs. and 15 1/4 ".

Aug. 10th, 2011: Down 14 lbs. and 13 3/4 ".

Sept. 10th, 2011:

Oct. 10th, 2011:

svelteNgorgeous
on 3/30/11 9:06 am
I think that's an important question and warrants a specific answer. I interviewed 7 surgeons in total and asked that question of every one of them. A patient has a right to know specifically how many times a surgeon has performed a procedure. I also asked what was their worst outcome and most common complications.

After all this research and so many interviews I'm finially ready to make a decision. Tomorrow I have an appointment with Dr. Edward Yatco in his office. My wife and I both loved him immediately in his seminar. A class individual and a top bariatric surgeon. So, hopefully by tomorrow I will have chosen a surgeon.

I would you suggest persisting in getting satisfactory answers to all of the questions that are important to you. If a surgeon us unwilling to answer you candidly you probably want to disqualify him. I think that when making a life changing decision of this magnitude one needs to be 100% confident in the surgeon.
frisco
on 3/30/11 11:43 am

A lot.............

How long is a piece of string?

My surgeon has done in the neighborhood of 1600 VSG's in the past 10 years.....that's a lot!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Most Active