Should I call the Dr?

_aprilh_
on 4/4/11 10:08 pm - OK
I think I am having an allergic reaction to something in my abdomen. Ever since about day 3 my belly has itched and has had a slight rash. I woke up this morning and my rash is much brighter and defined and I want to scratch my belly raw. I have used cortizone cream and I am going to take benadryl (I don't like to take it, it knocks me out, but it is so bad I think I will break down and take one.) Should I call the Dr? I know some amount of itching is normal with healing but this is excessive. Has anyone else had this problem?
"I can do all things through Christ who strenthens me!"
 April ~ 39y/o, 6'0", HW 292, SW 268.4, CW 188, BMI 26.7

pilotlady
on 4/4/11 10:19 pm - Six Lakes, MI
Yes i would call him. Is the rash near the steri-strips? Some people are allergic to them? But remember I'm not a doctor so call him.

hw 292.5 sw 270   cw166.6 gw 120 hgt 5'  includes 22.5 lbs pre-surgery  46.6 lbs to go
PBJ
on 4/4/11 10:21 pm
call the doc!  good luck.

Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
(deactivated member)
on 4/4/11 11:18 pm - MI
I have had hives on and off my whole life. The only thing that works for me I zyrtec.
(deactivated member)
on 4/4/11 11:19 pm - MI
I have had hives on and off my whole life. The only thing that works for me is zyrtec.
anninva
on 4/4/11 11:24 pm - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with
yeah, call the doc.  even if they tell you not to worry to much about it, you will feel better and they may have some good ideas.  i had one itchy reaction to the tape/steri-strips where my boob hit the incision (nice image, i know) and it drove me CRAZY!!!!

hope you get this settled soon!  ((((((((hugs)))))

Ann             LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat           

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

anninva
on 4/4/11 11:26 pm - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with
Stephanie A.
on 4/4/11 11:46 pm - Lake Mary, FL

I am having the same thing, but mine is a lot milder than yours.  Mine seems to be anywhere adhesive from the medical tape and/or steri strips are.  I still have some steri strips that haven't fallen off yet.  Sometimes it itches really bad, but my rash is very mild.  I would call the dr since you seems pretty severe.  He may not wanting you putting cortizone cream near your incision sites.  Hope it gets better for you soon.

Stephanie

Carmelita
on 4/5/11 12:39 am, edited 4/5/11 12:43 am - Four Corners, NM

If ya got some CLARITIN (loratadine generic!) around take that vs. Benadryl...the benadryl ointment is good! or a low dose hydrocortisone cream for the rash...

Could ya be allergic to NICKEL? **** ya know the stuff that's in cheapo earrings? makes our ears all itchy, red and puss-ee (sp check...lol)

cuz...if ya are...ITS THE STAPLES!! they aren't PURE titanium...they are an alloy that contains NICKEL!! as soon as the scar tissue envelops them...you'll see some changes

IF NOT this....can be from allergic reaction to pain meds this soon out, or localized bandage adhesive

***eta we really need to make sure our surgeons know we are allergic to nickel pre-op...so they can switch out the staples.

Call yer doc tho if this is really botherin ya!

carabarnes
on 4/5/11 1:25 am
I would just call to make sure. Better safe than sorry. I hope it gets better for you.

Cara 
current weight 123
I'm 28 and 5'5.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 81 views