Can't eat cheese

_aprilh_
on 4/7/11 12:33 pm - OK
Well, I have learned I can not eat cheese. Not yet any way.  I am 2 weeks out and just started on soft proteins. I have tried string cheese yesterday and it made me really nauseous and today I tried chedder and the same thing happened. I think I will try to avoid it for a while and try something different. Tuna works well so I can always fall back on it. Tomorrow I will try beans. Eggs are okay too. I wonder about cottage cheese but I don't know. I'll think about it. I started my new job today and everything went fine. Thanks so much for all of your support and understanding!
"I can do all things through Christ who strenthens me!"
 April ~ 39y/o, 6'0", HW 292, SW 268.4, CW 188, BMI 26.7

Jenijeni
on 4/7/11 12:36 pm
I had trouble with Fat Free cottage chess in the beginning. ...and I couldn't do eggs at all. It's funny how each of us is so different than the others! Happy eating!

HW: 250 SW: 224 GW: 135 CW: 124

DrHollywood
on 4/7/11 12:40 pm, edited 4/7/11 12:40 pm - Harbor City, CA
They say if you cannot handle something in this one day, wait a week or a little bit and revisit it again later.   Your learning your body and your tummy.....   this is good.  

I did the opposite, I felt a lil sick from tuna salad and did well with cheese.  Now I can do tuna no problems.  I think it was the mayo to be honest.  now I am fine.

Cottage cheese rocks with frozen blueberries.  I just learned this last week with another poster here. 
My surgery was feb 1st and I am almost 9 weeks out ( tomorrow)

Beans were like something I ate a lot when I first started to eat puree foods.  I would water them down and mix them.  Dont worry they still tasted like beans... just went down smoother.

PS:    Fat free cottage cheese is too watery for me..   I just do the knudson lowfat cottage cheese.  I am not depriving myself in this area.  it works for me.  I am funny about milk products.  

✿ L♦O♦V♦E ✿ & ✿ P♦E♦A♦C♦E ✿ღ ✿ & F♦R♦I♦E♦N♦D♦S ✿ ღ
                         "Keeping The Faith!"   "Slim by Summer!"
                                    HW: 250 - SW: 241  - CW: 154.7GW: 140  

1 month: 22 pounds (2162 months: 12.2 pounds (203.8)  3 months: 10.6  (193.2)
 4 months: 9.7  lbs  (183.5)  5 Months:   6  pounds  (177.5 ) 
6 Months: 12 lbs ( 165.5)
 7 Months 7.1 lbs (158.4) 8 Months +1.6 pounds(159.8) 9 Months 2.7 pounds (157.1)
10 Months 8.1 lbs (149) 11 months +2 pounds ( 151) 1 YEAR!!!  2.6 pounds (148.4)

Hit "One-derland April 9th, 2011   (199.7)

"Half-Way Goal" April 25th, 2011 (194.8)

"Happyland 80`s" May 14, 2011  (189.6)

"Groovyland 70`s"  June 20th 2011  (179.9)

" HippyDippyland 60's"  July 16th  (169.8)

" CQQL-land 50`s"  August 25th ( 159.8)

"Normal BMI"   24.8  October 21st, 2011 (154.5) I am 5`6

"AWESOME-land 40's" Dec 1st 2011  (149)

"Century Club 100 Pounds"  Dec 1st 2011  (149)

' ONE YEAR SURGIVERSARY!!!"

Two Year Surgiversary!!!"

(deactivated member)
on 4/7/11 12:57 pm - Castle Rock, CO
 same here with the eggs , i am 9 weeks post op and still cant have ANY form of eggs.. weird! but thankfully i can have any kind or flavor of cheese.. i experiment a LOT with the different varieties everyday, it is a staple of my diet ! good luck.. 
NewDawn50
on 4/7/11 1:11 pm
Give it a little time.  I couldn't eat tuna till week 7.  I don't know why our sleeves are so different for each of us.  But keep trying a little evry week.

felicity2u
on 4/7/11 1:45 pm - LA

I was the same way with cheese.  Pre-op, I could eat squares and squares of pieces of cheese but after surgery, my tummy did not like it and I found the consistency of it got to me.  The only thing that saved me was the little laughing cow wedges, they are so yummy and come in so many different flavors but my all time favorite now is weigh****chers makes something like a laughing cow cheese in wedge form and it is jalapeno. OMG, it is so good.  If you like pepperjack, you will love them.  I like both of the brands because the cheese is very soft and the texture does not seem to bother me! I know that they are suppose to be more of a spread but I just love to eat the little wedges, lol!

If you fear nothing, then you love nothing. If you love nothing, what joy can there be in life?
                       VSG-3/3/2011 HW-308 SW-298 CW-152 GW-160
                                                156LBS. LOST

PinkGalCalgary
on 4/9/11 4:27 pm - Calgary, Canada
I'm okay with cheese, but find anything breadlike is a no-go. I tried a samosa the other day and it came right back up. And pasta doesn't agree with me as well. That's probably all better in the long run, I must say.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 81 views