no government shut down hooray...

maxie1
on 4/8/11 1:07 pm - PA
RNY on 06/10/13
no shutdown for the government.
susan                                                                                                
MinnieNurse2be
on 4/8/11 1:14 pm - TX
 What a relief!! 

NewDawn50
on 4/8/11 1:23 pm
I'm happy, especially for military families and federal workers, who are just trying to feed their families and aren't exactly living high on the hog.

Of course, this is a short term measure till only next Thursday, so lets hope the drama doesn't begin again.  The GOP has agreed to let the Planned Prenthood measure be voted on separately by the Senate, which, as it is still controlled by Democrats, will probably not pass, thank goodness.  Poor women still need a place to go for pap smears, breast exams, birth control and cancer screenings.

I wish these two parties would work together for the good of the people of this country.  Its what we all want - well, except for a few uber-partisan.

Whew!

Mary R.
on 4/8/11 1:30 pm - OH
NewDawn50
on 4/8/11 1:33 pm
Their abortion centers are COMPLETELY privately funded.  The Hyde amendment does not allow federal funding for abortions. 

If you have proof otherwise, please share.

Mary R.
on 4/8/11 1:48 pm - OH
Paul11011
on 4/8/11 2:13 pm
I noticed you did not dispute the fact that there are multiple other health care options for women free of charge.  Perhaps you can explain why when this country is facing monstrous deficits we should be providing any funding to groups such as planned parenthood.
VSG 1-10-2011 Dr. Randal Baker.   www.grandhealthpartners.com

Waning Woman
on 4/8/11 1:49 pm - TX
This is good news :D
    Follow my journey at http://waningwoman.com/
NewDawn50
on 4/8/11 1:54 pm
Well in that case, I'm sure you wouldn't object.

And, as long as you are asserting that there are free clinics by the gross everywhere handing out free stuff to poor women, A) I don't know where you live, but that kind of place is seriously lacking most everywhere and B) Many of these centers are Planned Parentood.

If you don't mind the free centers then you shouldn't mind Planned Parenthood.  The vast, vast majority of their services are things like pap smears, mammos and cancer screenings, not a big abortion mill.

There are lots of things our tax dollars pay for.  Personally, I'd rather see mine going to help people who need it rather than give the wealthy breaks with it.

Mary R.
on 4/8/11 2:05 pm - OH
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views