First 5K tomorrow! Eek!

Songbrd99
on 4/9/11 8:45 am - Alexandria, VA
 I do my first 5K tomorrow and I am terrified! As long as I finish, i will consider it a success! LOL
What was your first 5K time? 
krazykat75
on 4/9/11 8:49 am
Best of Luck to you!!  It is my goal to be able to do one on Memorial Day and beat my last year time of 47 minutes...granted I did no training so I guess it was an accomplishment to finish!
 H.W 289   S.W 264.4 (lost 16 lbs on 1 wk Pre-op diet)  
MediumSoon
on 4/9/11 8:53 am - TX
My first 5K time was NO CHANCE IN HELL!! I am so envious of those who can run - it's just not for me... Have a GREAT time - and you're right - finishing is the key - time does not matter!!!!

therese50
on 4/9/11 9:52 am - Lansing, MI
I will never run a 5-K but I am working up to three miles so I can do some 5-K's this summer.  I may do the Mackiaw Island Memorial Day walk across the bridge here in Michigan.  It's good to have goals, and I would eventually like to do one 5-K per month.  Walk it girl, even if you're last, you win!

(deactivated member)
on 4/9/11 10:44 am
 Very sweet, you go!!!!!!!!

I'm bout to start the couch potato to 5K in another few months, 15 years of smoking will be my biggest challenge since I've slimmed up.  Hopefully this will help motivate me to break that habit.
Songbrd99
on 4/9/11 11:45 am - Alexandria, VA
 Sleevedup - I have been using that program! It is the one program that I have actually stuck with. I did have to stop running after my knee started bothering me...I am planning on starting it back up again!
If you have a smart phone, get the app. It counts everything in the workout for you and you can use your music through it as well. :-)
zzroged
on 4/9/11 9:28 pm - United Arab Emirates
Good Luck am sure you will fini**** fine. Everything I've read says the first time you should just aim to finish and then work on improving your times if you do it again (it can be addictive)

I skipped a 5k and did my first 10k in Jan. I finished in 1 hour 17 mins with a run/walk combination. I can now run 5k in just over 30 minutes.

Did my first 1/2 marathon in Feb - had no probs with the first 10k then struggled with the second 11k - frankly I ran out of energy and was running on empty - not pleasant - but I did finish in 3 just over 3 hours.

New Group : UAE_Dubai_Forum for people living in the UAE/Middle East

TT  & Breast Lift Apr 2011 - Inner Thigh Lift & Arm Lift - Jun 2011
      First - 10k Jan 2011 : First - 1/2 Marathon Feb 2011

borntobethin35
on 4/10/11 11:53 pm - VA
I did my first 5k this Saturday. I was able to complete it in 35 mins... I was very impressed. Especially since I haven't really ran a 5K in over 6 yrs when I was in the military.... Good luck to you! And as long as you complete it, who cares how long it takes you!!!

Sheka
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 66 views