Stalls, and Protein intake

Susan0714
on 4/12/11 12:55 pm - Kenner, LA
HI everyone,

Tonight at my support group, some of the people that were having stalls after their surgery, were asking what they could do to help with the stalls.

One of the nurses there said that when she had her stall she drank more protein shakes, and that helped with getting her stall to move again.

I was just wondering if anyone else that has experienced stalls, if they have tried that and it worked?

The lady that was asking about the stall, she is having a hard time right now getting down more then one protein drink a day, she just had her surgery about 3 months ago.

Thank you in advance for your replies.

Susan
sleeve genie
on 4/12/11 1:15 pm - Alhambra, CA
Most people will tell you to change up whatever you are doing.  More protein, more water, change your exercise routine.  Sometimes our bodies just want to take a break and try to figure out why everything is so different now.  The good news is we figure out that we will be fine and the scale will start moving again  :o) Jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

Susan0714
on 4/12/11 1:22 pm - Kenner, LA
Thanks Jeani.. One of the other girls in the group also made a comment about execising, like you said to change things up a bit.. I had asked a lady there that had lost over 147lbs in 15 months, she said that she had a stall, but hers were only for a few days.

The one lady I spoke of in my first post, she has had a stall for about a week and a half now.  I can understand the frustration about having a stall and you just had more then half of your stomach removed, but like the doctor told her, He is giving her a crutch, she has to learn how to use it.

Susan
diane S.
on 4/12/11 4:46 pm
my surgeon told me to increase protein from 70 to 80 to speed up weight loss. it worked. still kept within my calorie and carb range. protein shakes are the way to do this. Diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 79 views