Question about satiety

crystal W.
on 4/13/11 7:30 am - east liverpool, OH
Everyone says they feel full very fast after getting sleeved.  I was wondering about satiety, though.  Do you actually feel satisfied and don't want another bite?  My problem has always been that no matter how much I felt the physical sensation of fullness, I didn't feel satisfied.   Will the sleeve change that? 
Jenijeni
on 4/13/11 7:35 am
For me, "fullness" is a whole different feeling now! You know how you feel when you've overeaten on something that makes you bloated, too? That's how I feel when I'm full, now. No way in hell that I could swallow another bite even if you paid me! I can tell when I'm getting close to that and stop just before I'm full. As far as being satisfied... I think there is a big part of me that would like to take one more bite... But the logical side has been winning because of the size of my sleeve. I am happy that I don't eat a bunch anymore!

HW: 250 SW: 224 GW: 135 CW: 124

frisco
on 4/13/11 8:06 am

Hate to tell you this......

Gonna totally have to break that mindset of eating till your full !!!!!

That's how we got fat !!!

Eating till your full......for one leads to pain, foamies and puking......also prolonged eating till your full promotes stomach stretching.

Learn to eat fixed/measured amounts of food that is under your sleeves capacity.

That all said......most people experience far less hunger.......and learn real quick that over eating is not fun.

For me....eating till satisfied is alot easier than pre-op.

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

crystal W.
on 4/13/11 10:06 am - east liverpool, OH
Thanks so much for the info and advice.  I actually am trying to get into the habit of eating no more than the measured amount.  I put myself on all liquids last Wed.  Down 10 lbs today.  Had 2 protein shakes (8 oz each) and measured out 2 oz of chicken breast that I added 1 oz of marinated artichoke hearts for about 85 calories total.  I don't feel full, but I'm not getting that panicky feeling that I've got to eat more!!!!

I never did anything like this prior to my last surgery so hopefully I will be better adjusted this time around.  Pending ins approval for revision surgery, that is.

Have a great evening!
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views