Define liquids

shellychelle
on 4/16/11 6:34 am
So when they say we need to intake 48 to 64oz of liquids a day besides water that does include, protein shakes, broth, sugar free jell-o and sugar free popsicles?
Start Weight 280lbs....Surgery Weight 270.lbs....Current Weight 185lbs

NEW YEAR...NEW ME!!!!
Jennchap
on 4/16/11 6:48 am - CA
The doc said to me "You CAN NOT use a straw but anything that could be sipped through a straw after sitting at room temp is a liquid" So thats all your yogurts, popsicles and such.
Jen
HW 275   SW 229   CW 136 

smilinmomof3
on 4/16/11 7:12 am - MI
My doctor said the same thing as Jen's -
                                      WHOOO BABY - I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!!

phatnurse
on 4/16/11 9:03 am

As a new postop, this includes everything that you're able to take in right now, which at this point is all liquids. So, yes, count all of your ounces and you'll see that if you're drinking all your shakes and having your clear liquids between, you should meet that 64 ounces.

If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten. Change starts from within.....             
shellychelle
on 4/16/11 9:48 am
Thanks ladies!
Carmelita
on 4/16/11 9:52 am, edited 4/16/11 10:02 am - Four Corners, NM

Anything with the consistency ya can get through a straw....you cannot get yogurt thru a straw!

You ABSOLUTELY NEED TO GET FLUIDS IN YA ...64 oz...ain't easy just post op.
but a friendly reminder:
DEHYDRATION is the #1 reason for a post op ER visit. and IS TOTALLY AVOIDABLE!
eta: dehydration can affect your ENERGY level...so keep on top of it too ok!

if an old goat like me can get thru this w/o windin up in an ER post op...a young un like you sure can!

COUNTS TOWARDS YER WATER INTAKE a few I can think of anyway:
yer water in yer protein shakes
SF jello
SF popsicles (great for incision and throat swelling!) I lived off em first few days!
PEDILYTE (grape is yummy!) in the baby food section...loaded with electrolytes!
PEDILYTE popsicles
Soni****
Propel zero
G2
Vitamin Water Zero
SF Water flavorers....great value GRAPE (only 1 Iike from walmart), CRYSTAL LIGHT, ARIZONA,
HAWAIIAN PUNCH, WILEYS
Skim Milk..................87% water...even tho its really a liquid food!
BROTHS
Water in CREAM soups....98% FF Campbells cream of chicken soup...had to have it!!
Water in DECAFFEINATED coffee... throw some SF flavored liquid creamers in it for taste!
Water in DECAFFEINATED tea, green tea...great for gas!!

With all the aspartame in this sugar free stuff....watch for ^^gas, bloat.

Think about lookin into a COMPLETE PROBIOTIC soon (capsules)....will boost yer digestive ; immune system help keep them gas n constipatin causin troublemakin BAD BUGS at bay by puttin in the GOOD GUYS that are killed off from surgery.
Take at night...w/ SF Metamucil psyllium or Benefiber (add xtra water...it counts!)

Have ya measured yerself yet...head to toe? Yer gonna need those numbers in a few weeks!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views