Is This Proper/Standard???

DivaDimples
on 4/17/11 10:45 am - LA
Hello My OH family I'm almost 5 weeks out and have been approved to move to soft foods. Well today I decided to have some steam spinach. I was only able to take two/three tiny bites and I couldn't do anymore... Is this proper? I assume since it was soft that i would be able to eat just a little more...I'm still struggling on how to feed this little tummy

LynetteT
on 4/17/11 10:53 am - Gwinnett County, GA
With my tummy, I find  it depends on the food I am eating at the time.  Some things go down better for me.  For example, I could eat 2-4 oz of yogurt with no problem, but i couldnt eat but 2-4 bites of  one scrambled egg with cheese.  Keep trying at it.  It will get better as the swelling goes down and time passes.
HW:297-SW:278-CW-220-GW-150--http://www.youtube.com/user/sarahsmomma1

Gracieteddy
on 4/17/11 10:54 am - IA
I think that is it my nutitionist says I can eat one to two oz but if it isn't liquid I can only eat a few bites and I feel a little something ( pressure? ) I stop because I don't want to be uncomfortable . I am not hungry but it is nice to taste things. Protein kind of sits there for a while. I am just over 4 weeks.
Sometimes I think it is a bother to try and eat something so I only try once a day. and the rest protein shakes and water.
Good  luck

sleeve genie
on 4/17/11 10:59 am - Alhambra, CA
Congratulations on being 5 weeks out   yeah for you.  Sounds like you have a nice small sleeve.   I think when most of us first start eating real food (for me it was day 11) we try to eat more  protein foods.  For me i ate a lot of scrambled eggs with cheese,  egg/tuna/chicken salad made with mayo, got the chicken in a can by the tuna,  very soft easy to go down,   no raw veggies were allowed for me until about 3 months for some reason.   I ate a lot of turkey chili, turkey meatballs with spaghettie sauce,  beans and cheese,  very soft chicken.   Your new tummy is the boss these days so you'll have to see what it likes,  but at first you won't be able to eat much.  As time goes on and the swelling goes down you'll be eating more.  We all heal at different speeds.  Take care and continued success on your journey :o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

MediumSoon
on 4/17/11 11:07 am - TX
I am amazed you could eat ANY spinach. I tried several weeks out and the result was severe pain. Remember - your tummy is very sensitive and there are things that make it work harder than others.

AniO
on 4/17/11 11:51 am
I agree with MediumSoon. I wouldn't consider spinach a soft food. It took me a few months before I could have most veggies.

AniO

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 289 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 341 views