Pre-OP Diet ?

tmctnrice
on 4/27/11 7:17 am - Newport News, VA
Hi, This is my first time posting on the forum. I have a WLS date set for June 2. Allthough I am not on a "required" pre-op diet or anything, I would like to do one on my own, and would love any suggestions as to what to eat or drink. Also any information on how to prepare for surg (I am having Gastric Sleeve done) would be greatly appreciated.

Could_It_Be
on 4/27/11 7:20 am
What does your surgeon suggest?
smilinmomof3
on 4/27/11 10:20 am - MI
My surgeon puts me on a 800-900 calorie diet for 2 weeks pre- op. I have opted to do it for 3 weeks. So for this week I've been doing that. It doesn't seem to be an issue. I incorporate food and protein shakes and a make good choices for my food. I started Monday and as of this morning I've lost 4 pounds.
                                      WHOOO BABY - I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!!

gonersmom
on 4/27/11 12:47 pm
My surgeon didn't have any required pre-op diet for me. I used the pre-op diet the surgeon I DIDN'T use recommended tho. It was easy, and worked well.

Three meals a day of:
Protein 3-4 oz.
Non-starchy veggies 1 - 1 1/2 cup serving
Fruit (preferably fresh fruit), 1 piece or 1 cup of cut up fruit

Three snacks a day of: (Choose one for each snack, and preferably 3 different ones each day.)
Greek yogurt w/fruit
1/4 cup mixed nuts
1 piece of fresh fruit
1 8 oz glass of milk
1/3 c cottage cheese
1/2 c oatmeal (real not instant)

I'd save 2 of my snacks for my late night dessert while watching tv.

Other beverages were water/crystal light, coffee, tea.
Minimal use of Splenda/sweetners, coffee creamer.

I didn't feel like I was dieting, and I wasn't hungry. I think a lot of it had to do with the fact that I was eating every few hours with the amount of meals/snacks I had.

Best wishes.

Let me help you with bariatric friendly cooking.  www.pamperedchef.biz/gawnecooking
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 76 views