Ensure or any of those other "old people" drinks

skinnymeforever
on 5/4/11 8:38 am - AZ
Does anyone know why I couldn't drink these. I do not like protein drinks or milk and I've tried enought that I"ve spent over $300. I can't afford to keep trying different ones. What about that Carnation breakfast one? See, I have a few ulcers and sometimes food (any food and drink) hurts my tummy like a mother!  I think these might be soothing.  Anybody?

evilelf
on 5/4/11 8:42 am
I completely understand, I hate my protein shakes to. but the carnation breakfast ones don't have enough protein in them. I don't know about ensure or the other "old people" stuff.

H.W 270 S.W 252 C.W 195 G.W 170

skinnymeforever
on 5/4/11 8:48 am - AZ
Some protein is better than no protein, right? All I'm getting right now is the few bite I can get in before my stomach starts aching.
Lananala
on 5/4/11 9:08 am - CA
On May 4, 2011 at 3:38 PM Pacific Time, skinnymeforever wrote:
Does anyone know why I couldn't drink these. I do not like protein drinks or milk and I've tried enought that I"ve spent over $300. I can't afford to keep trying different ones. What about that Carnation breakfast one? See, I have a few ulcers and sometimes food (any food and drink) hurts my tummy like a mother!  I think these might be soothing.  Anybody?
The Carnation ones are on my plan. My surg. just said to get the light or no sugar added. Maybe add some unflavored protein or get the mix and use milk to up the protein. I know my kids like them :P

Lisa
                          HW 233 SW 220.2 CW 157.6 GW 150

skinnymeforever
on 5/4/11 9:24 am - AZ
Thanks - I think I will look for them. How can they be bad if kids like them!
Could_It_Be
on 5/4/11 9:33 am
I just came out of my 5 hour nutrition class.

The nutritionists said that we shouldn't drink ensure because it has too many carbs and sugars in it.
MacMadame
on 5/4/11 10:43 am - Northern, CA
Ensure is full of sugar. It's going to stall your weight loss.

The way to try protein powders without breaking the bank is via samples. VitaLady.com sells samples of everything she sells. ChikeNutrition.com will send you a sample of all their flavors. Syntrax Nectar has a sample pack you can buy.

Also, GNC, Vitamin Shoppe, etc. let you can return anything you hate the taste of even if it's opened.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Jenijeni
on 5/4/11 10:44 am
Waaaayyyyy too many carbs and sugar and calories in Ensure! Not allowed to drink them if you're diabetic, so think about that! Carnation has sf drinks that are better for you, so if I were you, I'd try them!

HW: 250 SW: 224 GW: 135 CW: 124

(deactivated member)
on 5/4/11 1:48 pm
I don't know if you have issues with stuff that tastes a little too sweet, but, in addition to having a a very high sugar content, Ensure and those other "old people drinks" taste so sweet it is nauseating.
charmaine A.
on 5/4/11 7:45 pm - MI
hi there on my list of acceptable protein drinks were the carnation diet or low sugar ones...ensure has 13g of sugar in it which my surgeon said was too high...hope this helps.

Best of Luck, Charmaine

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 65 views