I am so happy I could cry, Milestone!

SassyItalian
on 5/9/11 4:21 am - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
For the last 7 years I have been too ashamed of my weight to go anywhere in my hometown where someone from highschool would recognize me..

Which wasnt a problem because I moved to Florida for several years..but I have been back in NJ now for 2 and a half years, avoiding restaurants, bars, stores where I would surely have a run in..
Pathetic, huh? Yes, it really depressed me.

Well a friend who I used to date was offering Philies tickets online, which I really wanted since the beginning of the season so my bestie and I could go..

In the past I would have 100% never dared to get the tickets because that meant I would have to see him..

But I said f*ck it and went and got those darn tickets-

This is HUGE for me. I am no longer hiding. In fact I put on a cute outfit and pair of heels and walked in to meet him like I owned the place.

I feel soo FREE 75lbs lighter, mentally and physically. 

Amusingly, he offered for us to go to Vegas and get married during lunch...Ha! Sucker.

My value is not based on how others perceive me BUT I was ashamed of the way I looked, that my loss of control over food was proof by my appearance and everyone could see it.

AND he said to me, "You are one sassy girl!" and kept calling me Sassy...That's right, say my name!!! I AM Sassy!

xoxo
Sassy

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

KrisJ77
on 5/9/11 4:24 am - TX
You go girl!! You are too pretty to be hiding!!  I'm glad you wore something cute too!!  I wish I could have seen his face!!

buxom_blossom
on 5/9/11 4:24 am
VSG on 04/12/11 with
 Keep on workin' the sleeve and the sass girl!

That's a great NSV. 

I'm 5'10"  -   HW 264 lbs  -  lost 9lbs pre-op diet -  SW 255 lbs  

ccbelle14
on 5/9/11 4:26 am - Minneapolis, MN
That's a post chock-full of great things! I'm so glad the sleeve is letting you get back to being your old self...

Enjoy the game!

Highest Weight (2008): 360  Surgery Consult Weight: 340  Day of Surgery: 318
Height: 5'10"
Sunkissedsgrho
on 5/9/11 4:26 am - LA
Awesome NSV, Sassy! I know how you feel, although I STILL go out and about. I am a social caterpiller waiting to become a social butterfly! LOL Keep up the great work!
LovelyLadee77
on 5/9/11 4:26 am - Atlanta, GA
That's awesome! There is no confidence like SELF CONFIDENCE!
Sleevie The Wondertwin is where I rant.......its PG.....mostly
"I like my money right where I can see it....hanging in my closet"-Carrie Bradshaw  

LilySlim Weight loss tickers 
DragonGirl
on 5/9/11 4:38 am - MN
Woooooooo!! You go Girlie!!! Awesome post!!!
I hope you swung your hips a little, too!
The best revenge of a failed relationship is looking so damn happy and confident, it makes the guy know he f'd up when he lost you!!
And all of us here that love you know the guy screwed up bad!!

Heidi

Age 49 Height 5'5" HW/280 SW/250 CW/157  
Behind every success is effort...Behind every effort is passion...Behind every passion is someone with the courage to try.
jimbovsg
on 5/9/11 4:45 am
Bet he's kickin' himself for letting you get away now!  Cool NSV....nice to see you are not "hiding" anymore.  It is so liberating...isn't it?   Shoulda grabbed him and yelled "SAY MY NAME *****!!" Ha ha ha !

JIMBO...  350lbs! lost!.....  TRIPLE CENTURY CLUB!!  HELL ...YEAH!  
MY  VSG......KICKS ASS!                                                                                                                                                                                      

I  am   6' 2"    

Val G.
on 5/9/11 4:48 am - NV
What an awesome feeling!  Congrats on your milestone! 
Val  

"Turns out is not where but who you're with that really matters!"  
~ Dave Matthews

Kelley_S
on 5/9/11 5:13 am - Austin, TX
VSG on 11/23/10 with
That's such a fantastic feeling! I can totally relate! :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 402 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 429 views