6 Month Out Update

troup76
on 5/12/11 12:10 pm
 Well, I am a little over 6 months out from my surgery.  I have lost a total of 95.5lbs and gained 4.5 lbs in muscle.  I have dropped from a size 26 to size 14.  This was the best thing that I have ever done.  This week I actually started working out by using the P90X.  That is extremely intense but it is well worth the burn.  My next doctor's visit is in November and I am hoping to be down at least another 30 lbs.  50lbs would be great but I do not want to set a goal too large.  Thanks for all the support.

Terri Troup
[email protected]
sleeve genie
on 5/12/11 12:15 pm - Alhambra, CA
That's wonderful,  good job,  so happy for you :o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

(deactivated member)
on 5/12/11 12:15 pm
What did u eat or do to get done that much in 6 months? I am 5 weeks out and have lost only 25 pounds. My weight loss has really slowed and I dont know to do. Maybe going back to full liquids because I want to lose 20 more before end of June
troup76
on 5/12/11 12:30 pm
 First, don't get frustrated about your weight loss slowing down.  That will happen especially since you did not start out at a higher like I did.  I started out at 302 so I had more that I could loose.

The key to my weight loss is getting the right amount of protein in and drink the appropriate amount of fluid in a day.  I do not drink protein shakes to get my protein goal.  I eat lots and lots of fish, tuna, etc.  I also do not eat any type of bread and do not plan on doing this until I reach my goal weight of 150.  If there is less protein than sugar, then I try not to eat it (exception is Skim milk).  I really try to stay away from white processed sugar also.

I just started making smoothies with a scoop of protein powder and fresh fruit.  However, I only drink these after I work out.\

What are you eating?  Are you exercising?  Please let me know because I would love to help keep you on track.

Terri Troup
ObesityHelp Support Group Leader

Jenijeni
on 5/12/11 12:21 pm
Congratulations!! You're doing great!

HW: 250 SW: 224 GW: 135 CW: 124

8less2day
on 5/12/11 12:41 pm - Plano, TX
VSG on 11/02/10 with
Wow Terri, that's awesome!  I'm not doing as well as you but I'm also not exercising as much as you.  I want to do Zumba and other cardio exercise but I'm recovering from an ankle injury and have been going to physical therapy and they plus the doctor told me I cannot do any jumping around at this time.  I'm really bummed and frustrated because I've been stalled for a couple of months.   I get my water and protein in and I don't eat bread (except for flat out bread occasionally).  My calories are around 1000.  I need motivation!

troup76
on 5/12/11 12:51 pm
You are doing great!  Take care of you ankle injury.  Remember that you can get bands or weights and lift while you are sitting.  There is also some lower body exercises that you can do that would not put pressure on your ankle.

What type of foods do you eat?  Is any of it fried?  Let me know what a typical day is for you and I will see what might be an issue. 

I feel confident that you will get back on track really quick  just remember what the main purpose of going through this journey is.  Also, you don't want to end up back where you were.  Also, I was told at my doctor's visit that my weight loss is above average.  Basically my weight loss at 6 months is equal to the majority of patient that come in at 12 months.  Don't get frustrated.  Everyone's body is different just try to be patient.

Terri Troup
OH Support Group Leader
8less2day
on 5/12/11 1:40 pm, edited 5/12/11 1:41 am - Plano, TX
VSG on 11/02/10 with
Thanks for the encouragement. Today

Breakfast - protein plate from Starbucks, included boiled egg, 2 slices of white cheddar, 8 grapes, 2 slices of apple with organic peanut butter.

Lunch - 4 crustless mini quiches (recipe from Eggface) that has eggs, sausage, tomatoes, cheese, onions, garlic

dinner - chicken breast (lightly breaded, baked); 1/4 baked potato, 1/4 c steamed spinach

snack - sugar free fudgesicle

80 oz water

troup76
on 5/14/11 10:46 am
 Thanks for letting me know a typical day.  I am not putting in as many calories as you are taking in.  Please keep in mind that it is all about calculations of calories in and calories out. If you are bringing in 1000 calories then you need to burning a large portion of those calories.

I also eat a lot of fish, tuna, crab, etc.  These things are extremely high in protein.  I limit the amount of processed food and/or food from fast food places.  

Do you have a nutritionist?  Do you eat protein bars?

You can email me at [email protected] if you want to communication in addition to the board.  I am a little concerned about the starbucks meal.  We don't have that meal here so I am not sure how it is prepared.  The sandwiches that are sold there are prepackage which tells me that there are ingredients that keep it fresh in the package, aka processed.  

I hope this information helps.  I am happy to help you in anyway I can.  Keep in mind that I am not a professional though.

Thanks
Terri Troup
Terri Troup
[email protected]
HW-325/SW-302/CW-168

byebyeburden
on 5/13/11 12:25 am
wow, you are doing awesome.  I am happy for you.  Sometimes I feel like I am doing great and then I see people like you and think I could be doing better.  Well, it is all part of the process. Congratulations, and way to go!
~Emily
Surgery Date Weight: 255 

Goal 1: 199 reached 3/4/11
Goal 2: 175
Goal 3: 150
Goal 3: 129

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 65 views