Gulp and Gasp!!

Sunkissedsgrho
on 5/19/11 6:07 am - LA
I was drinking a nice cold bottle of water..... Just chugging it DOWN without a second thought! And then I thought about life post op... How long before I will be able to gulp (drink regularly, not sip)  without GASPING or feeling like I'm about to die!?!
KrisJ77
on 5/19/11 6:13 am - TX
It didn't take me long - probably a couple weeks after surgery - you'll be amazed how quick time goes and you start feeling normal again.....

sldierswife
on 5/19/11 6:14 am
I am 9 days out and I can take bigger sips without it botherig me. But I don't think any of us can gulp again. After I got to taking bigger sips I felt a lot better
 HW 298 SW 281

tinybus2
on 5/19/11 6:17 am - TX
It has been nearly three months since my surgery and I can now drink a couple swallows with no pain but no sipping or gulping for me! It hurts too bad! Another mistake I made...drinking from a straw...OUCH!!! It caused such gas pain, that is another NO, NO for me.

How long has it been since your surgery?

Tina

Sunkissedsgrho
on 5/19/11 9:54 am - LA
Haven't had surgery it. It's this coming Wednesday! I'm so excited!!
BriarRose
on 5/19/11 6:17 am
I can gulp now. I'm about 4 months out. But I find, although I used to love ICE COLD water; that I prefer it not so ice cold now. Tummy doesn't like the chug a lug of ice cold now. but that could change again....
Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
NoEscape21
on 5/19/11 6:23 am - Apopka, FL
Im just over a week out and I can take decent size sip/gulps  but I can FEEL when it is time to take a break lol
  Unicorns fart rainbows and magic!              HW:272 SW:260 GW:120
 Blog:  Weighed Down: A blog about becoming a former fat girl
Youtube: 
No Escape's Channel Join: The Pin -Up Girls: Vixens in progressLilySlim Weight loss tickers

Val G.
on 5/19/11 6:29 am - NV
Sunkissed... I am right there with you!  I told the nutritionist that I am going to gulp all I can the next few weeks because I am so going to miss it too!  I also love straws and that's going to be gone too!   

What are we going to do with ourselves!!!

Val  

"Turns out is not where but who you're with that really matters!"  
~ Dave Matthews

(deactivated member)
on 5/19/11 6:35 am
At a month out I can easily take several larger swallows of water in a row.. I can't chug a 16 oz bottle like I used but I can now drink fairly quick. It goes through me fast. In the beginning, no- too swollen, sips only.. but week by week it gets much easier!
ktalafuse
on 5/19/11 7:25 am
I am doing pretty good on the sipping but the other day I got an ice water and drank from a straw without thinking about it!!!!  It scared me to death....don't know why.

I still can't gulp but I can take pretty good size drinks.  However, I am so sick of liquids.  I am counting the days until mushies.....counting them.  Two week follow up tomorrow.  I am hoping to get an all clear except I get really short of breath sometimes, my mom thinks I am still weak after surgery because I had a pretty hard time after surgery.  Lots and lots of nausea.  Therefore, they gave me lots of drugs...so it was not pleasant but today I went to Hastings!!!  I took my son to see Thor yesterday and took a unsweet tea to the movie.  We had a great time.

Sorry I'm babbling but I really don't have anyone who understands this process we are going through and I have had some friends I have hardly heard from since surgery.  Really depresses me so I gueess this is my only outlet.

Good luck to you girl!!!

Kimi T. 
"Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I'll rise."
Maya Angelou

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 97 views
Expired Optifast Question