7 day update on upping protein to over 100 grams/day

onehappygirl
on 5/20/11 11:17 pm
I lost no weight yesterday (day 6), but held my own.  I hit the wall yesterday too, was very tired all day and did not treadmill.  The only thing I did was keep up on my protein and rest alot.  Today I am refreshed again, and my weight was down another pound this morning.  I got 106 grams in yesterday.  So, the progress report is:  1-2 lb weight loss every day for last 6 out of 7 days (held own one day.)  Have a great weekend!
Dee W.
on 5/21/11 3:27 am
Great job!! How are you getting so much protein? I need to be getting some in me! Liquid stage is hard unless you drink the protein drinks which i do but still open to ideas!! Glad you are doing so well!!
BigCaliSmile
on 5/21/11 5:50 am - La Puente, CA
Wow thats fantastic I am glad you posted! Grrr thats it im going to try to fit in more protein. Im usually about 60 to 70 grams a day.
Jan in Cali,  5ft  Sw 224                       
Smardeepants
on 5/21/11 6:20 am
That is amazing! Do you mind posting what you've eaten? Dying to know how you got it all in! 

Eydiebug
on 5/21/11 7:11 am - San Antonio, TX
Thanks for the update.  I'm gonna start on Monday upping my protein to at least 100gms and see how that works.  I go for my 3-month follow up appointment on Friday the 27th.  I would love to be at 250lbs or below by then.  I wish you continued success!!

Eydie

HW-319 SW-295 CW-186.2 GW-160 BMI-29.1   
onehappygirl
on 5/21/11 8:52 am
Thank you all!  My story is that I went into a 5 week stall at 60 grams.  After reading the vets on here and realizing the high-weight losers were super-amping their protein, I upped mine to 100-120 grams per day and immediately started losing 1-2 pounds per day.  I do a fortified shake right after my 20 minute treadmill in the morning.  In blender:   4 oz milk, 1 protein pre-made drink, (the kind you can buy in any supermarket, like EAS, etc), 3 tablespoons protein power, 1 tablespoon instant coffee.  This drink gives me immediately anywhere from 45 to 51 grams protein (depending on which pre-made shake I buy).  I wait about 30 minutes then will sit down with my husband and have either an egg with shredded cheese or 1-2 ounces of pork sausage.  Then the rest of the day is filled with meat, fish, eggs, and cheese.  I try to get a few bites of vegies in.  Have not done fruit or any deliberate carbs in a very long time.  Yesterday I ate some cole slaw, had a little sugar in it, and was at a function and had pulled pork and found myself craving the barbeque sauce, because, of course, it had sugar in it.   I used it in moderation and still lost 1 lb this morning.  I am only doing water for my fluids, and prob about 80-90 ounces per day, counting my coffee in the morning.  I just keep reading more and more how a high protein diet, low carb diet, seems to speed up your metabolism and increase weight loss.  It is a well known "secret" amongst body-builders.  Frankly I think our doctors and nuts are behind the times about 5 years, in that they still recommend 60 grams per day.  The last time I was in  my doctor's office, he did mutter everyone should increase protein to 90 grams per day, but he said it as an afterthought.  I also do a few nuts about every 2-3 days.  I don't count calories.  But since 1 gram protein = 4 calories, a person can count the grams of protein they eat in 1 day and then multiply by 4 to get their total calories.  For instance, if I eat 100 grams of protein today, that will be 400 calories.  Not counting the incidental carbs or fats, but you can see that if you need about 1000 calories per day, you have about 500-600 calories to play with in carbs and fats.  I think I must be doing about 800 calories a day--just a guess--but I know my carbs are low, prob less than 30 per day.   thanx again.   and good luck too!!  PS---be sure and go buy yourself one of those cheap food scales (mine cost $8.00) and see what weight of stuff you are actually eating--just too hard to guess and visualize otherwise.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views