Happy but costly NSV!!!

KrisJ77
on 5/25/11 1:41 am - TX
Disclaimer: Please don't take this as bragging - I would only tell you guys!!

So my size 16 jeans that I just bought about 2 weeks ago - they are falling off me!!  Ugh!!! I know I should be happy - but dang!!  I really need to take the advice on here and find a thrift store!!  I can't believe in only 4 months, I've gone from a size 20 to possibly a 14!! This is absolutely the best thing I have ever done for myself!! 

PS..I am so addicted to this site!! Thank you for all your advice!!!
Hugs!!
Kris

Mandi E.
on 5/25/11 1:43 am - Kissimmee, FL
Thats amazing!! Congrats honey!! 
xoxo~Mandi
"I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it!" ~Marilyn Monroe
 HW:422LBs Pre-op:394LBs SW:391.6LBs CW:303LBs GW:190LBs (5'10")
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

KrisJ77
on 5/25/11 2:56 am - TX
Thank you!! 
PS..hope you're days are getting better!!! 

skatie
on 5/25/11 1:46 am - NJ
Try Wal Mart Faded Glory jeans  $12!  I cut the bottoms and made capris.

Jeans are jeans unitl I get to my goal weight.

KrisJ77
on 5/25/11 2:57 am - TX
Great!! I will try that!!! Can't beat $12!!!

Daviegrandma
on 5/25/11 1:57 am - Davie, FL
That is unbelievable... I am so happy for you and I love hearing success stories. Makes me more and more excited about getting sleeved..I am pushing a size 20 to a 22...I dream of being a size 14. Yes, a thift store is your best bet or try to return the jeans to the store if you haven't worn them too much. But it sounds like a wonderful problem to have.... Keep sharing..

KrisJ77
on 5/25/11 3:07 am - TX
I know you can't wait!! It will be here before you know it!  Go take a look at the clothes in your closet and tell them goodbye! I'm serious!!!  I have given away most of my clothes!! 

(deactivated member)
on 5/25/11 2:20 am
My local thrift stores do not seem to carry larger sizes so I shop on Freecycle and Walmart until I can get to a steady size.  
KrisJ77
on 5/25/11 3:08 am - TX
I am hitting Walmart tonight!!  If I can fit in size 14 - the whole store will hear me screaming! I'll keep you posted!!!

VSG-LessOfMe
on 5/25/11 2:24 am - FL
AWESOME!!!  I know what you mean about bragging...I want to tell everyone I can finally fit into a size 12 and that I was able to walk into Forever 21 at the mall and buy a large shirt (NEVER done that before)...but then I feel like I'm bragging, but really I'm in shock and awe and just TOTALLY EXCITED!!!!  Thats what this site is for because we all get it!

Try shopping clearance.  I LOVE Kohl's and they usually have a good clearance section, so when you get too small for those jeans you haven't lost $40 bucks, but only $13.

Keep up the GREAT work!

HW: 260 ~ Start Pre-Op Diet: 248 ~ Surgery Day: 238 ~ CW: 154.8

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 91 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 311 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 361 views