New to OH and some questions

ThinByThirty
on 6/3/11 12:52 pm - NY
Hi everyone

My name is Cristina and I have been lurking on OH for about 6 weeks.  I am 29, a medical student, and really looking forward to having surgery.  I have been overweight my whole life and have officially been on 72 diets in the last 15 years.  I just finished my first year of medical school and learned enough about the biological elements of obesity to make me decide on the surgery.  I am so impressed by a lot of your successes and cannot wait to joing!

I went to the surgeon today and my tentative date for surgery, pending insurance approval is 7/27.  I am so nervous and so excited and I have found that OH is a wonderfully helpful site.

I figured since it is now for real I should actually register and introduce myself.  A couple of quick questions:

why is my avatar so stretched out and what is with the small byte limit?  is there a way i can make it look normal

and how do i include one of the weight tracker things on the bottom?

Cristina

Herbie55
on 6/3/11 1:04 pm - MI
I think the problem with the pic is when you sized it to 100x100 from a normal pic, it distorted it. As for the ticker, go to the tool button above and select widgets and tickers to create one. Be sure to check the box to add to your signature.
Sassy 1
on 6/3/11 1:12 pm
To get to ticker, go under My account, settings, mssg board, signature.  I use Lilyslim.com
because I think they have adorable weight trackers!  Set up your acct on there and then at the end, grab the streamer and paste to your signature box- control v.  It'll pop up after you press save at bottom of page.  Welcome to OH!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
LittleMissSunshine
on 6/3/11 3:09 pm
Welcome to the board!  I'd recommend poking around the links in the "MY OH" link in the blue nav bar above... you'll eventually run across all the profile tweaking controls that way, especially in your profile and on the tabs along the left side of your start page.

Blog | Join me on HealthyWage | Friend me on MyFitnessPal

jimbovsg
on 6/3/11 3:38 pm
Welcome.....and congratulations on making the decision to have WLS....it was the best decision i ever made!  Good luck!

JIMBO...  350lbs! lost!.....  TRIPLE CENTURY CLUB!!  HELL ...YEAH!  
MY  VSG......KICKS ASS!                                                                                                                                                                                      

I  am   6' 2"    

BuckeyeGirl
on 6/3/11 10:13 pm - TN
Welcome, Cristina!

July 27th will be here before we know it. Very exciting! I look forward to reading about all of your success!

Lindsey

Crunchy As Can Be
on 6/3/11 11:03 pm - NY
Where in NY are you-- maybe we're neighbors?! I work at a teaching hospital that also has a medical college, and I'd love to chat. We can go for walks if we're both local.

I'll send you a private email message-- look for it at the very top of your OH screen.

Welcome to the boards!
 ~~Emily~~

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 93 views