liquid after getting sleeved?

miss_shavontae
on 6/4/11 3:51 am
got home yesterday frm being sleeved june 1st & i can't get the 60 oz of water OR 60 g of protein my dr said. im sipping but it feels like im making no progress.

*How much were yu actually able to get down the 1st week?

pain wise im fine. its pretty controlled. i walk about every hour which has helped with gas a lot. & the shake i drank b4 surgery tastes no where near the same lol. its weird but i've heard of it happening, guess im the lucky one.

*What else can i drink for protein besides shakes?

anything else i need to kno/expect being 4 days out?

Thanks!
Valsdetermined2lose
on 6/4/11 3:55 am, edited 6/4/11 3:55 am
I know it feels like your not making any progress with liquids yet, but trust me the first couple of weeks after surgery is hard but it gets better. I was sipping on hot brooths and water , i didnt start my protein shakes until 2 weeks after surgery. Just keep doing what your doing and in time things will become easier for you. Oh at my first week out i was only able to drink about 2 oz at a time and was sooooo full but i just kept repeating it every couple of hours.

Good Luck and take care !
 HW-267-SW-253-CW-167 I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!!

shantele7824
on 6/4/11 3:58 am - SAN PABLO, CA
hey congrat's to you!!!  Your not going to be able to get that much in right away, it should be something you work yourself into doing.  just keep sipping and walking and you will do great.
First Meeting with Surgeon:2/10/2011  weight was 460
Surgery Date:5/03/2011  Weight was 428
Revsion To RNY 06/26/2012 Weight 

sleeve genie
on 6/4/11 4:04 am - Alhambra, CA
Congrats sweetie, i'm so happy for you.  In the beginning, say the first couple of weeks, you won't be able to get in all the fluids and protein you just have to keep sipping and do the best you can.  I gained 11 lbs in the hospital from the IV fluids,, so don't worry if you can't make all those goals at first,  its something you will build up to.   Sounds like you are doing great,  keep up the good work.   Can you have yogurt yet?  if so greek yogurt is a great source of protein.  The nonfat one tasted yukky to me but i mixed it with s/f jello and it was ok,  i eat the low fat version and it tasted much better.   enjoy all the great gifts along the way,   :o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

wert
on 6/4/11 12:54 pm - MN
I really think the 64 oz water and 60 gr protein are a nice thought during the first week ot two but really aren't doable. Just get in as much as you can. Do your very best. It gets better all the time. 

5'5"  Age 63  HW 212  SW 200 Currently 8 pounds below goal
Jacque 

miss_shavontae
on 6/5/11 2:38 am
im doing much better getting my liquids in today. im switching between my shake & flavored water. im jus sipping & sipping away. each day is getting easier =]
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 71 views