just good news ... with a question

Nic_Nic
on 6/7/11 10:18 am, edited 6/7/11 10:20 am - puyallup, WA
i had my sleeve surgery 2-25-10 i had my lap band removed and had the sleeve done ...  on 6-21-10 my husband and i got pregnant.. ( not on purpose) i was down about 75 pounds and that spiked my fertility... even tho i was not trying at the time because i wanted to be at a normal healthy weight before i concieved i was just sooo happy my husband and i had tried for 7 years with no luck at all... i had thought it would never happen... lucky for me i only gained 15 pounds thru my pregnancy and have lost that so im not up any...

so now my question is this... i had to eat more being pregnant and i feel i have stretched it out a lot... is there a way to unstretch it.. or have i ruined my tool already? 

PBJ
on 6/7/11 10:21 am
I don't know the answer but just wanted to say congrats on doing so well during your pregnancy.  You did a great job.  I would think your restriction should still be there.  Have you thought about doing the 5 day pouch test to get things started?  Good luck to you...your tool gave you the greatest gift ever...a baby. 

Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
Nic_Nic
on 6/7/11 10:22 am - puyallup, WA
 does the 5 dat pouch test really work? and thank you

MediumSoon
on 6/8/11 1:41 am - TX
I'd talk to my surgeon if I were you. I'm sure there's a way, and 5 day pouch test sounds reasonable to me - but I'm sure your doctor will have an answer. GOOD LUCK and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

emelar
on 6/8/11 1:46 am - TX
Congrats on the baby!

I doubt that you seriously stretched your stomach.  Our sleeves are made of the non-stretchy part of the stomach.  They will "mature" (ie grow) a little over time, but not really stretch.  You can certainly do the 5 day pouch test, but it'd be just as effective to just go back to your early diet instructions - small fixed portion of dense protein, a few bites of veggies and a few bites of healthy carbs.  No drinking before or after meals, but get at least 64 oz of liquids a day, etc.  Dig up your old material and start applying it! 
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 65 views