174lb Down... Time for Some Re-Construction!!

maryposa
on 6/11/11 2:54 pm - Orange County, CA
I am now down 174lb.  Next Thursday I will be having the first of two re-constructive surgeries.  This one will repair skin laxity in my upper body and also re-fill my breasts a bit (with my own fat).  I talk about some pretty embarassing things in the video posted below and I am posting this here because there might be others out there who have alot of weight to lose that might want to know a bit about what I am going through in preparation for plastic surgery, and what massive weight loss has left my body like.     By the way, my surgeon says the best way to prepare physically is to get 120+ grams of protein a day, and after surgery, 200!!     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IJc40n5XG4
Follow my progress on youtube!
(Lost slowly and painfully from 355 to 275 from 2007-2009, then started gaining again before scheduling surgery!  Best thing I ever did! :D)

jimbovsg
on 6/11/11 3:01 pm
Wow! what a number....174lbs!!  You have done an amazing job!     Good luck with the next "stage" of your transformation! 

JIMBO...  350lbs! lost!.....  TRIPLE CENTURY CLUB!!  HELL ...YEAH!  
MY  VSG......KICKS ASS!                                                                                                                                                                                      

I  am   6' 2"    

maryposa
on 6/11/11 4:21 pm - Orange County, CA
 LOL it's no 320, but thanks!!  :D  I am very proud of how far I have come... I didn't really believe I would ever get under 200, even with WLS and diligence.  I am very pleased.
(Lost slowly and painfully from 355 to 275 from 2007-2009, then started gaining again before scheduling surgery!  Best thing I ever did! :D)

Paul11011
on 6/11/11 3:25 pm
Best of luck to you as you begin the next stage of your journey.  You have done an amazing job! Thank you for posting your videos and for your honesty in presenting the realities of the situation. 
VSG 1-10-2011 Dr. Randal Baker.   www.grandhealthpartners.com

maryposa
on 6/11/11 4:18 pm - Orange County, CA
 Thank you!!

Margo N.
on 6/11/11 5:26 pm
You're a VSG superstar!!!!  Best wishes for your surgery and an easy recovery!!!!
Margo - Burnaby, British Columbia HW 283 / SW 269 / GW 160 (I'm 5'8")
Check out my blog at http://www.vsggoodlife.com/

maryposa
on 6/12/11 2:12 am - Orange County, CA
 Thanks, Margo!  So are you!  I don't post as much as I would like here but I still come and check on my friends and I have watched you succeed as well.  Thanks for the well wishes.

Mary R.
on 6/11/11 10:28 pm - OH
I cant wait to be in the same situation.  Congratulations on your weight loss, youve done an awesome job!!!
"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time" 
"Get busy living, or get busy dying" 

maryposa
on 6/12/11 2:13 am - Orange County, CA
 Thanks!  Well, you know we Mary R's are winners!  hehe

debk21
on 6/11/11 11:12 pm - Mansfield, TX
Wow!  Congratulations on your sucess!  I know how hard it is to get where you are and we're all very proud of you.  Thank you so much for posting your video.  It's nice to hear the realities that we face addressed.  Thanks for putting them out there.  Good luck and wishing you a speedy recovery!!!  Keep us posted.

Deb

Goal Reached in 12.5 Months
HW: 274   Pre-OpW: 266   SW: 254   CW: 125  GW: 145

You must permanently change your lifestyle if you want your weight loss to be permanent. You can do it!