Has this happened to you?

Mammamia1290
on 6/14/11 2:36 am
I was sleeved on4/20, and 8 wks out, down 55lbs. With that being said, I had fish on Friday, and ate too much and too fast. Then I was spitting up thick slimey clear spit. ( yucky believe me). I looked on this forum and realized I have been eating too much and slimey spitup is a result of this. Since then, it seems like I get full very fast. So I'm not eating as much and this (spitup)has not happened again. My question is this, do you think I hurt my sleeve, and this is why I feel more restriction when I eat? I see my surgeon this Monday. Just want some feedback. Thanks
novascotiadawn
on 6/14/11 2:48 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Hi there,

No, you haven't hurt it. That was your sleeve just talking back and letting you know who's boss!!! Maybe you're eating more dense food and filling up faster!

Hugs

Donna

Leaky sleeve survivor!!! 2008/2009 ~ 5'7"~ 42F Bougie

Mammamia1290
on 6/14/11 3:55 am
Believe me, Donna, I'm listening to the new boss. Lol. I did not like that feeling.
Irinek
on 6/14/11 2:49 am - MI
This is such  a coincidence.  We have the same surgeon and symptoms but I was sleeved May 4th. I told Dr. Hawasili about the spitup and he told me I was eatting too fast and to make sure know water an hour before and after eatting.  I have lost 43 pounds so far but I'm still not able to eat alot.

Waning Woman
on 6/14/11 2:52 am - TX
I remember having the same fears early out. You are very new so just take it easy on yourselves and your new sleeve. It will all come together before you know it
    Follow my journey at http://waningwoman.com/
sublimate
on 6/14/11 3:06 am - San Jose, CA
The reason this happens is because your sleeve is not perfectly straight; it is shaped like a banana. Sometimes food that is not chewed as well as it needs to gets stuck in the curved entrance portion of the stomach and/or you have filled up your sleeve to that point.

This creates a sort of plug where saliva that you swallow starts to back up and you get the "foamies". It doesn't hurt your sleeve per se but it does create a lot of discomfort until the food fully gets pushed around the curve and/or your sleeve empties.

Start weight: 388, Current Weight: 185, Goal Weight: 180, Weight Lost: 203 lbs
Certified Nutritionist VSG FAQsublimate: To elevate or uplift.
3/2012 Plastics: LBL, 3 Hernias Fixed, BL/BA, Rhinoplasty & Septum Fix. 6/2013 Plastics: Arm and thigh lift

sonyagettinghealthy
on 6/14/11 3:30 am - CA
Thanks for explaining that. I have had "the foamies" on a few occasions and they are certainly a detour to more cautious eating. I had noticed that I too get filled up faster after they occur and now realize it makes perfect sense that I didnt chew as well as I thought I had and my food was stuck on the curvature thus causing what was left of my sleeve to get full faster on the following meals. Doesnt happen very often anymore but I am more cautious too. Thanks for your input.
VSG: April 25, 2011

George B.
on 6/14/11 4:33 am - Miami, FL
It's called foaming and eating too much or too fast will bring it on.

You'll find that you are full faster and with less food when you eat dense protein like fish, beef and chicken.

I don't think you hurt your sleeve. Foaming happens and teaches you to recognize your full point and eat slowly. I'm close to 2 years post-op and still foam if I pass my full point.

Good luck,
George