BON VOYAGE!

KathyA999
on 6/15/11 1:18 pm
Tomorrow I'm flying off to Barcelona, where on Sunday I'll start my Mediterranean cruise, the vacation of a lifetime!  I would NEVER have done something like this at 250 lbs - not only didn't I have the nerve to appear in public in vacation clothes (capris? bathing suit? Please!), but I hurt too much, everywhere, all the time, to even consider something like this.  (And for some reason I was convinced that at that weight, I didn't have the "right" to enjoy life.  So I enjoyed food instead.)

AND, I'm going by myself.  I found a tour group that specializes in people who travel alone.  They don't hook people up romantically, thankfully, just make sure we don't eat alone (unless we want to), make sure we have people to participate in activities, have our shore excursions together, etc etc.  There are something like 50 of us, all ages.  So THAT's something I would never have done before either, LOL!

I consider this newfound confidence a gift of VSG, one of many, many I have been privileged to enjoy.  It hasn't been a cakewalk (pardon the expression!), but it hasn't exactly been torture either.  Thank god for the sleeve!  And thank god for all the loving support available from all of you here on the board.

I'll have a couple days in Barcelona to see the sights, then the ship stops in Florence, Rome, Naples, and finally Mallorca, before heading back.  I can't wait!  I'll tell you all about it, and if I can ever figure out how to post pics, I'll do that too! 

Height 5' 7"   High Wt 268 / Consult Wt 246 / Surgery Wt 241 / Goal Wt 150 / Happy place 135-137 / Current Wt 143
Tracker starts at consult weight       

In maintenance since December 2011.

cabcab
on 6/15/11 1:29 pm
VSG on 01/06/11 with
OMG, sounds like a wonderful trip!  Take lots of pictures and share them when you get back.

Have fun!

Don't do anything I wouldn't do !
    HW: 335.  SW: 318.  CW: 161.0.  Height 5'8.  Age 43.

mylastchance
on 6/15/11 1:30 pm
That sounds awesome and I'm happy you have the confidence to do it on your own.  If I had the money I'd go on that deal...........☺☺  it sounds great.  Have a great time and really enjoy!!

"I COULD HAVE MISSED THE PAIN BUT I'D OF HAD TO MISS THE DANCE"
             I have missed too many dances in my life now it is time to start living
5' 1"

MediumSoon
on 6/15/11 1:32 pm - TX
Wow! You are surely braver than I!! have a GREAT time, and be careful!!

wert
on 6/15/11 1:33 pm - MN
Photos or it didn't happen! 

5'5"  Age 63  HW 212  SW 200 Currently 8 pounds below goal
Jacque 

HollyLaLa
on 6/15/11 10:42 pm - NJ
VSG on 03/08/11 with
 Wow have a great time!  Nothing like morning walks on the top deck of a ship for exercise! I am sure that will be amazing scenery!  Have a great time!

Nothing worth having comes easy.  Success comes with hard work and determination and sacrifice!   

ROCK ON!             
Laurie M.
on 6/16/11 12:45 am - KS
Enjoy yourself! You deserve it! What tour company are you using?

Nicole S.
on 6/16/11 4:18 am - Vallejo, CA
WOW That is fabulous! I am envious I must say.  That is such the vacation of a lifetime, and I am glad that because of the VSG you are going to go and have a BLAST that you deserve! Have a safe journey and cant wait to hear more about it
~Nicole  
Height 5'1 HW- 320 SW-265 CW- 172.2 GW 140                                

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views