One week post -op!

acbbrown
on 6/17/11 8:09 am - Granada Hills, CA
I cant believe I made it a whole week. Boy, has it been up/down/up/down all week. One minute, I feel great, the next I feel like crap!

I have no idea about how much weight ive lost because I don't really care. I just want to get on with life. I've thought about getting a scale a couple times, and then, I 'm like...naaa. I will get weighed next Tues at my follow up, so i'll have a nice surprise.

I still feel bloated and blah. I have the worst case of constipation and the milk of magnesia didn't do anything to touch that. I'm just going to address is with my surgeon on Tuesday.

My incisions look good but are starting to itch!! I'm still trying to pull tape off of random places in my bodies. I have wicked looking bruises from every time blood was drawn and the heprin shots!!  I have 6inch bruises on my arms from those things!

I can drink a whole lot more than the first couple days pre-op which makes this fluid and protein thing easier.

Today my stomach has decided it doesn't like protein shakes. Every time I take a sip, it starts cramping and gurgling like crazy! Earlier, it was making me nauseous. Oh well, i'm sure this will pass.

I'm looking forward to the next week, and getting stronger and more energy back.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Brenda C.
on 6/17/11 8:36 am
There is a song by Jimmie Eats World I hum to myself --

"Hey, don't write yourself off yet, It's only in your head you feel left out or looked down on.  Just try your best, try everything you can.  And don't you worry what they tell themselves when you're away.  It just takes some time, little girl you're in the middle of the ride. Everything (everything) will be just fine, everything (everything) will be alright (alright)."

One week down, a WHOLE life to go.  Take some time, and if I "ear wormed" you, I am glad & sorry - depending on how you like or dislike this song!

HUGS!!!
Brenda  : )~

Erica77
on 6/17/11 2:28 pm, edited 6/17/11 2:28 pm - MN
I just had my first full day of protein and it feels great.

They gave me the heprin shots on my tummy, so it looks like someone kicked the crap outta me.

I feel very bloated and blah since I came home. Feel a little better after some soup, yogurt and a protein drink today.

It will get better for us!
HW- 398  SW- 371 CW- 224 GW- 175      5'11     27lbs lost preop

bigcoop
on 6/17/11 11:12 pm - CA
THANX for the update A,reading about what you are going through will hopefully better prepare me along my journey.Hopefully you are having more up times than down.Congrats on the progress you have made thus far,and hope you feel better with each passing day.Please keep me updated.......take care,   T
Amy T.
on 6/17/11 11:13 pm - CA
Yeah girl!  Happy 1 week to us!!!  I am with you, one day Im up and feel great and the next day Im flat out.  

One week down, and the rest of our lives to go!  Lets do this!  

Have a great weekend!
Amy
I am ready to be an active participant in my life rather than a spectator...  

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 235 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 308 views