Goodbye, Lane Bryant!- NSV

ChaseT1
on 6/21/11 2:29 am - Wichita, KS
I've officially crossed over into regular store land!  I never thought I'd be frustrated at only finding things that were too big!  Now I'm sort of lost because I'm so used to buying tents, I can't seem to find anything cute in the smaller sizes.. ??? I immediately head to the largest sizes in various stores only to realize I don't need to anymore.  That's just crazy!   I've also had a horrible time finding things for my 6'1" frame.. The smaller the size, the shorter the inseam.. I'll take it though!  ;) 

HW: 367  SW: 341
vjb1952
on 6/21/11 2:39 am, edited 6/21/11 2:43 am - Littlerock, CA
VSG on 03/28/11 with
  A toast to such remarkable results! Congrats!!!  One of my best friends is a lady who is 5'11" or 6', and she has such a hard time buying clothes.  She orders alot of her pants from on-line sources, and is really picky about her shirts because they all seem to be for people with short body trunks or no arm length...I shop with her alot, so KNOW what you're going thru, and you have my sincere sympathy!  (I need pants with a short "rise", so have my own clothing issues, too, but not like your issues!)  Welcome to "regular store land" anyway, that is a great place to be since there are more options there!  I will get there soon... Best wishes,  Viv 

vjb1952

gonersmom
on 6/21/11 2:47 am
Congrats to another 6 footer+!! I'm on the other end of the spectrum...I've finally said goodbye to Catherines and hello to Lane Bryant! Can't wait til I'm at the regular stores too!

Do you have a normal size shoe btw?? I'm in a minimum of 12's (open toe sandal type) and up as high as a 14 (closed toe, pointy) and have the hardest time finding decent shoes. Just wondering where you find shoes.

Thanks.

Let me help you with bariatric friendly cooking.  www.pamperedchef.biz/gawnecooking
ChaseT1
on 6/21/11 2:58 am - Wichita, KS
Thanks, ladies! 

Yes, I wear a size 12 narrow shoe.  I honestly find most of mine at Payless!  We have one where I live with a manager who also wears a 12.  She orders all the cute inventory so I love going there!  They carry up to a 13 in store and I think 13 (possibly 14s) online.  I really don't find shoes anywhere else as I can't afford much more than that until surgery is paid off.  :)  Have you tried Zappos?  My mom also wears a 12 Narrow and finds they have a great selection if you're willing to pay a little more for shoes.  (I get her hand-me-downs quite a bit!)  I've been googling tall women's clothing for a while just looking for a 1 piece bathing suit.  I'd love one with a long torso that's also strapless.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!  :) 

HW: 367  SW: 341
sheilapinkney
on 6/21/11 4:53 am - Calgary, Canada
http://www.swimsuitsforall.com/

this is an online swimsuit store.  They have suits for all shapes and sizes.  You might look there.

Sheila

Surgery: July 27  Surgery Weight: 245   Current Weight: 137 Total weight lost: 1112lbs
   AT GOAL!  WOOHOO!!!    

The_Chungs
on 6/21/11 3:08 am
Congrats!  I can't wait for the day that I can shop wherever I want!  I'm such a secret fashion ***** and I've been deprived way too long!! 

I'm in a different boat though, I had to say goodbye to good 'ol LB last year because I've graduated to a 30/32 and need to shop at the Avenue (which isn't bad, but the clothes are cheaply made).  I long for the day I can say hello to LB again and then again when I can wish the ol' girl adieu for the last time.  LB was good to me over the years, given my physical state, but boy I can't wait to be rid of her once and for all!

BTW... I'm 5'10 and a size 11 shoe so I feel your pain on the shoe and inseam issue!  I'm hoping my feet shrink back to a 10M.

Congrats again!
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." -  Confucius  
Height:  5'10  HW:  400  SW:  374.6  GW:  160    

Eileen36
on 6/21/11 3:11 am - PA
Oh, yea! I was very happy to say "So long, LB!"

Plastics with Dr. Sauceda 6/8/12!! - LBL, BL/BA, Arm Lift & Medial Thigh Lift             
guatemama
on 6/21/11 3:18 am

Congrats!!!  That's very exciting.  As for tall stuff, check out Lands End.  They will hem pants.  They also sell long swimsuits.  I happen to have a Lands End Inlet near by and that's their own outlet store.  Great bargains to be had.  But they do post outlet stuff on their website.  As for shoes, I know they are more expensive but their clearance racks can be good, I'd try Nordstroms. 

Good luck and again Congrats!!

Denean R.
on 6/21/11 4:25 am - CA

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm not there YET, but can't wait til I am.  Kudos to you!

ccbelle14
on 6/21/11 5:26 am - Minneapolis, MN
I hear ya! I went shopping this past weekend and went to Lane Bryant. I can still fit into their size 16 pants but that's about it. I've been shopping there for almost 15 years, so it's kind of bittersweet. But then again, I tried on some pants at Gap and they were too small! That made up for the LB sadness.

I'm also 5'11 - try Nordstrom Rack for shoes, Kathryn Kerrigan for well-made shoes (google it), and J.Jill for some tall sizes. My feet have shrunk a little from 11W to a 10 or 11 regular, depending on the shoe. I can now buy shoes from DSW which is great!

Highest Weight (2008): 360  Surgery Consult Weight: 340  Day of Surgery: 318
Height: 5'10"
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 70 views