perm or natural

anyeaj
on 6/21/11 4:46 am - NJ
Ok so i am 3 months out today and have not permed my hair in 5 months. i am a little scared. I hear that the hair thins out a lot at this time. Has anyone permed/colored there hair or would you suggest i stay natural.......
weightyissues
on 6/21/11 5:03 am
Hmm...since I'm a natural of course I would say stay natural, lol. 
(deactivated member)
on 6/21/11 5:05 am - TX
I permed my hair 6 weeks after my surgery. My hair sheds a bit more now that i'm 4 months out but nothing significant. I get my hair permed every 6-8 weeks I could NOT go 5 months without getting a perm Lol. The only thing I dont want to do is to put weave or tracks in my hair right now. If anything I would get a half wig.
BeautyisherGODgiven
name

on 6/21/11 5:26 am
I'm currently weavalicious but I plan on going natural  only if my hair falls out. I was natural for 5 years and I cannot commit to all of the work that it entials. But if I have to lose my hair I would rather grow it back natural.
Follow my progress: www.youtube.com/user/livictori                           

msleesa
on 6/21/11 5:38 am, edited 6/21/11 5:38 am
 I'm a year and 4 months natural, so I'm a bit biased. My hair has grown beautifully though. It's shoulder length now. I think that all natural hair is beautiful, and you should go for it. I wear a lot of weaves and wigs when i get lazy and don't feel like doing my hair.
anyeaj
on 6/21/11 5:54 am - NJ
Thanks so much for the advise.... I have been wearing braids and weave as well. I will continue. My hair is already thin so i will leave well enough alone. Thanks again
brighterDayz
on 6/21/11 6:01 am
I was natural for 5 years also and relaxed a little over 2 years ago to rock a bob.  Got pregnant, grew that out pretty long and just got it cut a couple of months ago into another short bob.  IF my hair falls out, I may just rock it natural for a while again or set a goal to cut it Shawnie O'Neal style.

I did get a touch up when I got it cut 2 months ago and within the next 3 weeks I'll probably be going back to do it again.

HW/Starting: 327  SW: 302 (lost 25 lbs pre-op), GW: 158

Lalamonkey
on 6/21/11 6:26 am - GA
Hi,

While not a woman of color I do have an opinion here since I am LOSING HAIR LIKE CRAZY!!!  I have thick (volume), fine, curly hair which I used to straighten everyday.  I am close to 50% of my normal hair volume (4.5 mos out).  My pony tail is about 50% in circumference size now.  

That said - I have gone natural too!  My hair looks much more full and their is less stress.  While it is still falling out is seems to be a bit slower only because there is stress, tugging,etc.

Wishing you good luck!

Lala
Monica W.
on 6/21/11 9:03 am - TX
I am sooo glad you posted this because i was going to ask the same question lol. I am overdue for a relaxer and am going to attempt one tomorrow (been scratching like crazy). I feel like i have covered all of my basis. My hair thinned out so bad with the band but since then 3 years it has grown very long. When its time for my relaxer if i don't get one my hair sheds but since I'm 3 months out my hair is shedding not sure if its the surgery or because its time for a perm? So i was thinking if it falls out bad I'm gonna rock a lace front if not that bad a half wig if it all falls out I'm defiantly going natural.

pebbles4388
on 6/21/11 12:07 pm - MA
VSG on 01/12/12
I have sisterlocks, and I love them! I'm worried that with the hair loss some of my locks may fall out! LOL! Oh well. I would suggest you stay natural until you get past the hair loss stage, then you can relax your hair, depending on the type of hair loss you experience.

Banded on 11/02/06. Looking forward to a revision to VSG.  

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 63 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 63 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 245 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 313 views