Hello again, world!

fypcdqt
on 6/28/11 10:30 am - Cumming, GA
I was on here this time last year, beginning my journey for insurance to approve my surgery.  Long story short, insurance dragged their feet to the last minute to tell me it wasn't covered.  I planned on becoming a cash patient, and then I lose my job. 

It's been a crazy year, but now I am at a much better job, with much better insurance, that is covering my surgery!!!!  I have to go through the pre-op tests (scheduled to happen between now and July 15) and hoping for surgery the last day of August (due to work schedules).

I am SO excited to be in a better place, and I cannot wait until I'm on the other side of this surgery.
I am hoping to spend more time on here interacting with all of you amazing people who have always been a great source of encouragement.  

One of my best friends is already searching for the perfect itsy bitsy teenie weenie yellow polka dot bikini for when I hit goal next summer. Ha!  Did any one else have an outfit or something specific they used to help them focus on their goal.  I know my new mantra is "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels."

Amy W.

Sandy S.
on 6/28/11 10:46 am
Welcome back.  Keep us posted on your journey. 

"Step by step the longest march can be won,"  Sweet Honey and the Rock- Peace, San  HW 463 Surgery: 6/13/11; SW 413      
PBJ
on 6/28/11 11:01 am
good luck on your journey!  You know I am a believer that everything happens for a reason and for whatever reason last year wasn't your time...but it sounds like it is now!!  So don't look back but keep your eye on the prize!!  That sleeve!!  It has been the best thing I ever did.....

I used lots of little things( treats) along the way to keep me focused.  I like treats!  Mostly clothes..I would buy a new outfit at a new size.  (don't buy too much along the way because you soon outgrow them).  I did that and I have given away things with tags...silly me!  My "prize" at the end for me..is a sterling silver charm bracelet that I got for mother's day.  Each of my kids (I have 3) picked out a charm and gave it to me..and then I added to it...everything on it symbolizes to me the reason I did my sleeve...for me and my family because we have all benefited from this life changing surgery.  So I will proudy where it when I hit goal...not before.  I have 1.4 lbs to go!  I like things that symbolize things to me.

And you are so right...nothing tastes as good as skinny feels...and oh so healthy too!

Best of luck to you!
Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
theshrinkingmimi
on 6/29/11 10:57 am
What a blessing. Door closed- window opened. Good luck.
Pre-liquid diet 392; VSG'd on 6/10/11; 5'9"; SW 368/ GW 195?

Pounds lost: mth1=26.7; mth 2=21.2; mth 3=24.8; mth 4=13.8; mth 5=14.2;  
            mth 6=11.8; mth 7=9.2; mth 8&9= 17.2    
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 70 views