So a random guy approaches me and asks me for my number!!! Yeah, this sleeve is...

Sunkissedsgrho
on 7/11/11 8:03 am - LA

Hi OH Family! Just checking in. Sorry I've been MIA. Summer time doesn't leave me much time in front of the computer.

Anyway, I've had my check up and............... I've lost 40lbs since surgery on May 25th! I went from 385 to 345. Labs were good. My protein levels are low...expected. And my B1 is low so I've got to work on that. Everything else has been a piece of cake, thank God!

Now, here is my thing... 40lbs. lost in 6 weeks and the nurse practitioner looks at me like I've GAINED weight! She was nice about it, but still, she coulda been a little more happy! I did have a slow go at the loss though... I think I stalled but I don't have a scale at home to accurately weigh me, so IDK... The nurse said that if I upped the protein, I could have done better with my loss. I think I had only lost like 15lbs since my last visit about 4 weeks prior...So yeah, I saw her point, but still! It was a loss! Even my mom was like, "I thought you woulda lost more sooner too!" I was like.... Ummmm HELLO!! 40lbs in less than 2 months! Such kill joys!! (Please refrain from making negative comments about my mother. She loves and fully supports me! She just had a momentary laps in judgment!)

But anyway, I feel good! A couple of NSV:
1. (The basis of the title of my post) Well, here in New Orleans, there is Essence Music Fest. Well, while there, this guy comes up to me and starts singing to me and dancing with me! I was like WHAT!!! Well, to make a long story short, we did exchange numbers and we talked for a little bit, but alas, it did not work out. BUT just the thought that he noticed me and approached me!! Yeah, that's a NSV indeed!!
2. I had outgrown Lane Bryant. Well, this past Saturday, I tried on two dresses (Size 28) and they both fit me well!! I didn't buy them though...LB ain't cheap!! And I'm hoping to be out of a 28 really soon for good!! Also, I tried on a 26/28 shirt from Cato's and they were too big!! So I went down to a 22/24! I've also bought some size 22/24 skirts from Cato's and they fit!! WITH extra room!
3. Some people who didn't know about my surgery are starting to notice my loss! In fact, my landlord asked me today! He looks and says, "Amanda! Looks like you're losing weight!" I just smiled and said THANKS!!
4. I find that I fit into booths more comfortably!
5. I can walk without the puffing and heavy breathing! I just feel better!
6. I'm dressing better...well I always dress well. Now, I just feel better about the clothes I'm wearing! lol
7. I've been rocking my heels! Wedges, but hey, they are cute!

Eating: Man, the restriction is ridiculously tight but in a good way. I cannot eat one whole scrambled egg. I've taken to boiling eggs and making deviled eggs. I have to eat one half and then, about 15 mins later, go back for the other half. My family is just amazed at how little I can actually eat. So am I, for that matter. I've been eating some fruits, cheeses, beans, eggs, and I've nibbled on some chicken with no problems. No pain or nausea. I will admit that I have not been drinking as much water as I'm supposed to which probably also has a lot to do with the slow loss. My poison of choice: APPLE JUICE! I got hooked on the stuff! But this time, I only bough****er in attempts to ONLY drink water!! Do you all feel like you are eating ALL of the TIME to get the full amount of proteins in? If you can remember, at 7 weeks out, how did you get all of your proteins in besides the shakes? The shakes: Disgusting.... No other way to describe them. I'd rather get all my proteins in with food.

Oh yeah...exercise. I can't lie to my OH fam... I don't go to the gym. I went out of town and those few days just messed me up! BUT, I am dressed in my workout clothes, and as soon as I am done posting, I am headed to the gym! I know that exercising will really boost my loss, so all there is to do is DO IT!

I realize that I have a long way to go. I'm not satisfied with these few pounds. I now see that this surgery works. Now, it's time for me to WORK IT!

Love you all and happy losing!!

Amanda

....just your classic story of an overweight beauty who's looking for a change!!         
DragonGirl
on 7/11/11 8:18 am - MN
Amanda, what a great sucess story! I think you're beautiful...inside and out!
Heidi
  Age 49 Height 5'5" HW/280 SW/250 CW/157  
Behind every success is effort...Behind every effort is passion...Behind every passion is someone with the courage to try.
Sunkissedsgrho
on 7/11/11 8:43 am - LA
Awww thanks!!! That makes me smile...inside and out!  And so are you!! You are doing a great job! Keep it up and I'll do the same!
Arianasmama
on 7/11/11 8:19 am - Beverly Hills, CA
(Please refrain from making negative comments about my mother. She loves and fully supports me! She just had a momentary laps in judgment!)

That's right, defend mama until your dying breath...love it!.

Congrats on the 40 weight loss.  You are doing an outstanding job and keep up the work.  I can hardly wait to join you and all the others on the loser's bench.

Be Blessed            
Sunkissedsgrho
on 7/11/11 8:46 am - LA
Always got Mama's back! lol She's my heart!

And thanks so much! I'm excited about it. If I can get another 10lbs, that will be 50lbs lost! And I wanted to do 100lbs or MORE by Nov. 14th, my birthday, so I think that's doable! And your time is coming although you seem to be doing great on your own! Keep up the good work! I would save room for you on the loser's bench, but looks like you're already on it!

Thanks again!
LittleMissSunshine
on 7/11/11 8:36 am
SLOW loss?  I had surgery 2 days before you and I've only lost 26lbs (I had a one month stall that just broke) so I think you're doing phenomenally well! 

If you had one, what was your pre-op diet like... how much did you lose on it?

Blog | Join me on HealthyWage | Friend me on MyFitnessPal

Sunkissedsgrho
on 7/11/11 8:54 am - LA
Well, I FELT good about it until others tried to take my joy! But hey, a loss is a loss and your 26lbs is great! Congrats!! So keep it up! Yes I believe I stalled but seems like the stall is broken and I'm gonna take advantage by hitting up the gym and eating more protein.

Pre op, I lost 4lbs but gained them back before surgery, maybe more, so....I really didn't lose pre op. So I've lost this weight since May 25th.
Did not follow a pre op diet. Was supposed to, but didn't. Can't excuse it...don't condone it...but that was me. I see you've done great on your preop diet! Also, you know that it's possible to lose the weight with the sleeve. Keep doing what you are doing! We all knew that stalls would happend. We just gotta press our way through them!
ccbelle14
on 7/11/11 8:39 am - Minneapolis, MN
Amanda,

Congrats on the weight loss so far and keep up the good work! The NSVs will only keep piling up in the coming weeks/months. Start getting used to guy****ting on you cause it's going to happen more and more!

Highest Weight (2008): 360  Surgery Consult Weight: 340  Day of Surgery: 318
Height: 5'10"
Sunkissedsgrho
on 7/11/11 8:59 am - LA
Thanks so much! Congrats to you, too! You look amazing! Can't wait to join the century club! And I can't wait for all that extra attention! I didn't know what to do or how to handle it then because that hardly ever happens to me! But I'm getting myself prepared for it!! Bring it on! LOL
ccbelle14
on 7/11/11 9:06 am - Minneapolis, MN
Definitely get ready for it - you're going to be getting a LOT of attention in the coming months! My personal rule for guy attention to to remember QUALITY vs QUANTITY. Cause you're going to get the quantity but hold out for the quality! Enjoy the ride!

Highest Weight (2008): 360  Surgery Consult Weight: 340  Day of Surgery: 318
Height: 5'10"
Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 17 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 17 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 191 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 278 views