Any ladies 5'6" and 280lbs (or around there...)

ready2Bhealthy2
on 7/24/11 2:51 am
I am just trying to get a realistic handle on how much excess weight I can expect to lose.  I'd like to shoot for 150lbs, but I'm not sure if it's realistic.  Yes I've seen some of the very drastic weight losses, but they are not the norm.  Non the less remarkable!

If you are around these measurements, how much have you lost and how much time did it take?  Thanks!!
HW286/SW269/1mo-20lbs/2 mo-9lbs/3 mo-10lbs

1st Goal - Loss of 50lbs
Kaysmommy
on 7/24/11 2:57 am - Silver City, NM
I'm 5'7 and my doctors goal for me is 145. He says all his patients goals are their ideal body weights regardless of their beginning weight.
USAF Wife
on 7/24/11 3:21 am
I'm only 5'2" started at 263lbs, and got to 148lb in 6.5 months so 115lbs lost. Really, we are the norm, and then I dropped another 20-25lbs over another 4 months getting into maintenance weight of 125ish pounds which I maintained for a year before pregnancy weight started creeping in. Losing all of your excess weight can be achieved within the first 6-12 months depending on your post-op guideline and compliance level. Unless, you have metabolic issues that could hinder weight loss, but even then, there are many members that drop 80-100% of the excess weight by 9-12 months out.

In my opinion, pick a goal weight based on what you want, and what you need. I don't think any goals are unrealistic, and if you shoot for your ultimate goal do not doubt your ability.

Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

LittleMissSunshine
on 7/24/11 3:23 am
I'm 5'7... I started the WLS journey back in January at my heaviest of 360.  There were some delays and false starts in there (Jan.-March) because I was originally scheduled for a LapBand, had to reschedule due to my then-surgeon getting injured and then changing my mind, re-jumping through a bunch of hoops for my new VSG surgeon, but  by the time my surgery date on 5/23 rolled around, I was down to 328.  This morning, I'm at 293... I'm almost at 70lbs down since I started this whole thing and I'm only at 2 months out from surgery, so I think 150lbs off is totally realistic.

I'm shooting for 190 as my "I'll be happy with that" goal, but 160 is my ultimate goal.  So far my surgeon is happy with my progress; he says I'm ahead of the curve in comparison to his other VSG patients and said to just keep doing what I'm doing.

Sorry I'm not able to chime in after having reached my goal, but wanted to let you know what my experience has been thus far because I think your goal of losing 150 is definitely do-able.

Good luck!

Blog | Join me on HealthyWage | Friend me on MyFitnessPal

felicity2u
on 7/24/11 3:36 am - LA
I started this journey post op at 5'7 and 308 lbs.  Now, almost five months later, am 85lbs down and loving my sleeve.  Your sleeve with give you the results that you want if you give the right things to your sleeve,  a healthy protein filled die****er and exercise.  I would say based on the averages around here, if you had the surgery you should be able to be at goal in a year. Not too shabby results I would say!

If you fear nothing, then you love nothing. If you love nothing, what joy can there be in life?
                       VSG-3/3/2011 HW-308 SW-298 CW-152 GW-160
                                                156LBS. LOST

skatie
on 7/24/11 3:47 am - NJ
5'5" and 278 at the beginning of the journet and I have lost 92 pounds in 7 1/2 months.  My goal is 145 and I know I will get there.

sandycnv
on 7/24/11 4:55 am - Clayton, CA

I am 5' 7" and started at 279.  I am almost 3 weeks out and have lost 32 lbs.  I am excited for the future for a change.  I can't wait to see myself in 3 months, 6 months and even a year out. 

Best of luck.

Sandy

kiki07
on 7/24/11 5:00 am
I'm 5'6'' and my starting weight was 286 and now I weight 226.My goal is 165 and I am losing constantly every week. I should have no issues reaching my goal if I stick to my plan.
H/W-286,S/W-286,C/W-199.8 G/W-175

(deactivated member)
on 7/24/11 5:09 am
I'm 5'7" and started at 280.. Years ago I got down to 155, and was still wearing size 14 jeans. I did have excess skin, and likely another 10lbs of actual fat to lose for my body shape.. Now I set my "goal" at 155, though I'd honestly be happy under 170. I will however try to lose it all, or until my body refuses to drop anymore.. No one can predict how much of your excess weight you will succeed in losing- but I say shoot for the moon and go for as low a healthy range as your body will allow!
(deactivated member)
on 7/24/11 12:49 pm
I'm 5'7" and currently at 244.  Originally I began my journey in April at 245 but managed to get back from 3 weeks of vacation in LA and Vegas weighing in at 256.  Needless to say I had to drop a few before I could go back to the doctor.  Wednesday, July 27th is my pre-op and surgery is scheduled for August 4.  My goal for myself is 170 or below.  I personally can't remember being that small since maybe Jr high so it will be a new experience for me.  My doctor seems to think I can get to 150 but I again will be happy with my own goals.   Anything other than being a size 20 or 1xl will be nice.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views