Energy needed

JUSTTAMARA
on 8/3/11 10:53 pm
I had surgery on July 13th.  I seem to be doing well so I went back to work on August 1st but only part time 4 hrs a day for the next two weeks.  For some reason though I have no energy.  I am sitting here at my desk and I am feeling like a need a nap big time. 

Help.  is anyone else experiencing no energy and if so how long does that last?????

On my way!!

Ms Shell
on 8/4/11 12:36 am - Hawthorne, CA
Are you taking any B vitamins?  If you aren't try supplementing some sublingual B-12 say 1000mcg 3 times a week.  See how you feel and then when it comes times for your labs (mine were at 3 months) you can access if you need to keep taking it and how you feel etc.  B-12 is the one important thing that VSGers need to watch post op.

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Mom_Of_Three_Loves
_Life

on 8/4/11 12:40 am
I had very low energy. I take sublingual b12 I found at walmart (goes under your tongue and melts) and I also got a b12 shot in my thigh...that worked the best!!  and if you aren't getting in 60-80 grams of protein...I'd increase your protein. That does make a difference!  Hope you start feeling better soon.  and something as simple as water can make a difference...drink plenty of water everyday.

cancelsbronx
on 8/4/11 4:16 am - Stamford, CT
My surgery was July 12, 2011.  Last week I was feeling like what you are describing all week.  I started my vitamin B 12, I bought the tablets, (I hope there is no problem with that).  I then began to ensure I was well hydrated and I am feeling a little better.  This usually happens the first month and then as long as we eat well and take vitamins we should be ok.

Santos

JUSTTAMARA
on 8/4/11 7:12 am
Thank you everyone for the suggestions.  It sounds like B vitamins is the way to go.  I will look for that at the store.

On my way!!

Most Active