2-Yr Surgiversary

VickyO
on 8/11/11 4:42 am - Riverside, CA

Wow, I can't believe it's been 2 years since my VSG.  My life is so different today and seems to get better and better every day and in every way.  The biggest change for me the last year has been sobriety.  My weight goes up and down depending on what I eat.....Duh!!  I haven't weighed in awhile but can tell I gained some by the way some of my clothes fit.  I actually told someone I like the extra weight cuz my body isn't so flabby and I do.  I'm getting used to my body still.  My head still likes to play "fat games" with me.  Gotta watch that "head", cuz it'll mess me up.  I try and stay positive.  I'm working my spiritual connection with a power greater than me.  I don't go on this board like I used to and I think of many of you often.  I occasionally hit a support group and am thinking about going back to OA to check things out.  Not sure how they feel about WLS,  see that's my head again.  I thank God for VSG and my new life.  It's not easy and you don't realize that until after surgery.  My surgery was on 8/3/2009, by Dr. Kim at Kaiser West LA.  I'm grateful, so so grateful.  My top weight was 305.  Today......I'm not sure what I weigh.  Check out my blog/profile page for a picture of my fiancé and I taken this year. 
Love you guys

frisco
on 8/11/11 4:57 am

Yah !!!!

Congrats on both the sobriety and the WL !!!!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

(deactivated member)
on 8/11/11 5:05 am - Castle Rock, CO
very inspiring..congrats!! 
Faye56
on 8/11/11 5:06 am
VSG on 07/19/11 with

Wow...thanks for sharing your story and congrats on your success. I hope to follow in your foot steps! I am pretty new and have a lot to learn!

"Encourage instead of criticize.  Love instead of hate.  Hope instead of doubt. Give instead of take.  Trust instead of worry.  We open our hearts to others so that they will be prompted to open their hearts to God"  Lucy Swindoll

sswanky
on 8/11/11 5:06 am
Many congratulations!  I plan to keep weighing myself and daily after I get to my goal.  My key to re-gaining in the past has been to stop weighing myself.  I've been sober 21 years and am so grateful to have sobriety with food now.

foodlover
on 8/11/11 5:26 am
congrats~! :)
Ms Shell
on 8/11/11 11:08 am - Hawthorne, CA
Hey girlfriend!!

I am SO proud of you on your sobriety!!  You ARE a great and powerful person...kudos on continuing to work on YOU...

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 70 views