POPCORN

Ella Nchanted
on 8/23/11 1:36 pm - LA
When did you try popcorn,Its the only thing I have realy wanted so far ,havent done it but had thoughts,lol

frisco
on 8/23/11 1:40 pm, edited 8/23/11 1:41 pm

Best not to even think about it.........bad sharp little husk skins that can get caught in your suture line....and it's a big time carb....Maybe at 3-6 months....but not a good idea in general.....

Popcorn today, cake tomorrow.....than your posting cause your pissed your not losing weight...I've only seen it about a thousand times now.....

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

tristak
on 8/23/11 1:43 pm

I would highly recommend staying away from popcorn for at least 2 months if not longer.  First and foremost - it's a slider food so you could easily over eat.  Second - always protein first and minimal snacking.  If you feel the need to snack - cheese sticks, cheese wedges, jerkey, etc.  Last recommendation - review the information you have gotten from your surgeon and/or nutritionist. 

It's really head hunger/cravings talking...best solution for that...drink some water and perhaps call it a night.

Best of luck

5'2"
HW - 310/SW 300/Day of Surgery 293.2/CW - 182.2 (2/26/19), fleur de lys abdominoplasty 2/12/19 - removed 8lbs of skin from abdomen.

raye1976
on 8/24/11 7:12 am
@tristak -  I have seen other people suggest 'jerky' as a snack.  What kind of jerky are you talking about?  Regular beef jerky or some other kind?
raye1976            
janielynne
on 8/23/11 1:53 pm
I didnt try popcorn until about 4mths.  I suggest plain first.  I had alot of trouble with a nabisco snack pack (100 cal) that was caramel.  I thought it would be Ok, due to the same size.  However the sugar made me sick.  Up at 3am with major stomach cramps and diarrehea.  NO popcorn was worth that pain and  loss of sleep !!!!

julyxo84
on 8/23/11 1:56 pm - Pembroke Pines, FL
Popcorn is evil. It's a big time slider-food for me. I can eat a whole microwave bag of it.
 [ Hi, I'm stefanie, I'm 28 years old and 5'3'' ]

Soosy
on 8/23/11 2:09 pm - TX
My surgeon says NO popcorn!
~Susan
http://samesoosy.blogspot.com
VSG: September 13, 2011   HW:285    SW:253

Ella Nchanted
on 8/23/11 2:21 pm - LA
Its mostly the hormones driveing the craveinsg I think,I know im going thru a hormone dump and will stick with the  protien snacks for now,thanks for the encouragement to do right.

frisco
on 8/23/11 4:42 pm

I'm gonna be very honest with you.....nobody around here has the freekin balls......

You can hate what say.....other people can hate what I say.....I'm just getting to the point I don't really care anymore..... my days on this board are probably numbered.

You need to really study some of the people here that have lost the weight. Sure there are exceptions and variations. But in general the people that lost the weight..... meaning 100% most of them stuck to a plan all the way to goal.

Most of us got fat because we ate to much of the wrong foods.....Why risk your life to have WLS only to eat wrong foods again????

Lose the weight first..... than see what your tolerances are with questionable foods. Looks like you have 124lbs to lose....that is gonna take an effort.

So now your thinkin I'm an ass..... well maybe I am.... I just see a person asking about eating popcorn a few weeks out.
I want all people who have any WL procedure to do well and I wouldn't say anything if I didn't care.... I do have better things to do......

So don't take this the wrong way....I'm on your side.

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Ella Nchanted
on 8/25/11 1:20 am - LA
You are right frisco,Thats why I said thanks ,lol,I dont think u are an azz,not yet anyways ( ;
I have been looking online at recipes for low carb snacks and foods,to keep busy and distracted.and to have the info for when im ready to be in kitchen

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views