Chicken tenderloins - perfect portion size

Ms. Poker Face
on 9/5/11 12:05 am
I've been struggling to cook for me and my hubby since adjusting to smaller portion sizes.  Either I buy too little and my hubby has to supplement dinner with other things or I buy too much and throw a little out (or eat leftovers depending on the situation).  But it dawned on me yesterday that i could just buy a bag of frozen uncooked chicken tenderloins and have the perfect portion size for me!  That way he can eat one big chicken breast and I can have my tenderloin right along with him.  We sure are eating a lot of chicken these days!  Yes, the tenderloins are a little more expensive, but they are convenient and I only eat one per meal, so they are great for me!

Hubby has been really supportive of me and admitted that he wishes he had something in his life to help him "transform."  He is only 20 pounds overweight and is now trying to eat healthier and exercise more.  It's so helpful to have this kind of support right here in my own house.  He still eats some junk that I steer clear of, but slowly he is ridding himself of that too.  I'm so proud of him.  I keep telling him that it helps me alot to have him do this with me, but it's also not his cross to bear... I did this for me to be healthier and happier and he is not forced to do it with me... but he chooses to and that's awesome.

On a side note, I am soooo close to Onederland.  Weighed in at 200.2 today.  I am hopeful it happens this week.  We'll see!  I have lost over 45 pounds so far.  Thanks for everyone's support along this journey.  It's been great so far!

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

Mrs.Goose
on 9/5/11 12:20 am
Thanks for the tip.  When I can start eating in a few weeks I will look into buying some of these so that my husband and I can have the same meal.  Wishing you the best that you reach Onederland this week.
Get in the COURAGE LANE ... There is hardly any traffic in that lane! 

acbbrown
on 9/5/11 1:04 am - Granada Hills, CA
At least you cook! I'm so freaking lazy. I've been known to go and order chicken from my fav restaurant and take it home and have a couple days worth of meals :-p It's just me though so I can do that.

The tenderloins are good. I also get frozen grilled chicken breast strips.

It's awesome to hear you have an awesome hubby - and congrats on the SV :)

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Mom4Jazz
on 9/5/11 1:15 am
Woohoo!

I've been doing chicken tenderloins or chicken thighs for the same reason. Hubby cooks chicken on the grill, a breast for him and a thigh or tenderloin for me. He also cooks a little extra and I make a light chicken salad (half mayo, half greek yogurt and not too much of either) for lunches.

I'm so thrilled for you being so close to onederland. I am closing in on Century Club, but when I get there I'll still have almost 20 lbs to get to onederland!

On hubby's healthier eating...my daughter has lost about 15 lbs since I had WLS. Like your husband, she wasn't waaay overweight, but I'm thrilled that my change of habits has influenced her. It's as satisfying as my own loss.

Go you!

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

Erica77
on 9/5/11 4:22 am - MN
I just threw some in the crockpot to make a "chicken stroganoff". I love when I find them on sale.
HW- 398  SW- 371 CW- 224 GW- 175      5'11     27lbs lost preop

Most Active