April VSG'ers How are you doing?

msshellwillis
on 9/8/11 6:51 am
So I am approaching my 5 month surgeryversary and I am having a fit to be below 300lbs. I have been pretty much doing what I should but it's like I'm being teased with a pound here, two pounds there. I mean come on already! I just want to see 299. Anyway, I have been doing really good with everything other than this minimum angst of getting in twoterville. Buying new clothes, family and friends constantly complimenting me, FEELING ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL! I love my sleeve. Wouldn't change a thing. Well maybe I would have something installed in my brain that would force me to exercise when I had my stomach removed. LOL!

I was just curious how all the other April VSG'ers are progressing emotionally and physically.
I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me!

HW (1/1/2011): 382. SW (4/15/2011): 357. CW (03/29/2012): 275.
                                                Sleeved on 4-15-11                

(deactivated member)
on 9/8/11 7:00 am
Doing very well!
I'm losing in fits and starts.. tenths of a lb sometimes, holding for a week or so then all of a sudden a pound or two in a few days. It was more "regular" early out, but still happily trending downwards. Had some physical hiccups with a twitchy back issue, that's calmed down for the moment.. Need to up exercise as well.. Slacked off when things were hurting and need to get back into it. It didn't seem to effect the rate of loss either way, so there's that.. but it made me feel better, so that's the reason I need to do it!

Still only able to eat 2oz dense protein, sometimes a little less depending on time of day and critter I'm eating. So far, stats are just over 50lbs in just over 5mo since surgery. Not shabby in my book. I know it's going to be a slower go from here out since I am now lighter than I was before.. mentally preparing myself for the slow down is another matter :)

jaded123
on 9/8/11 7:14 am, edited 9/7/11 7:17 pm - MD
So happy with the surgery and the decision to do it!
I've lost 85 lbs (70 since surgery).
I can't believe -100 is in sight. And I can't believe I'm nearing being in Onederland. I haven't seen a weight in the 100s since the '80s. Seriously.

I half expected to have some sadness or mourning at some point, but that hasn't happened. I feel GREAT. I haven't hit a stall yet, knock on wood.

I still have to work at getting enough water and protein in! I keep track of everything on MyFitnessPal and that helps. I'm eating about what Jo said she was -- about 2 oz.

As far as exercise, I need to step it up a notch. I've been more active, but haven't been doing anything as "formal exercise." I try to walk around the building at work when the weather is nice. But I want to do more, and am thinking about rejoining Curves or trying Jazzercise or Zumba. It's hard to fit a class into my already-busy schedule, but this is the time to make my health a priority :)

Can't wait til more of the April sleevers check in!

HW: 310 /  Lost 15 on pre-op diet  /  SW: 295  /  CW: --- /  GW: 170-175

Eula "Evie" R.
on 9/8/11 8:50 am - Mount Nebo, WV
Hey, here I am April 20. I have lost around 55 lbs. I have had my ups and downs, I love my sleeve, would do it again in a flash. I am losing my hair are any of you doing that ye?. I will make it. My daughter has got me lifting weights and going to the gym . I am so proud of myself for doing this for me. I can tell a big difference I am getting stronger, I didn't think that would happen since I had breast cancer, chemo and rad, but it really is making me stronger. I am in for the long haul. I have about 45 more lbs to lose. God Bless each and every one of us April's. Keep up the good work.
Evie

glmglb
on 9/8/11 10:25 am
VSG on 04/21/11 with
 Wow we should do this more often. I have been feeling low because my weight hasn't budged or goes up then down. Since surgery I have lost 50 lbs about 75 since preop. I was on April 21st. I was hoping to be further along. I am going to try and do liquids for a few days to see some change. 

Goodbye 320's - Done
300's - Done
290's - Done
280's  -Done
270's
260's
250's
240's
230's
220's
200's

Somedaysoon
on 9/8/11 11:57 am - MI
Doing fantastic.  Loving my sleeve.  Too many NSV to mention.  Today for the first time I cut my hair short.  Have always had a very round face, but today it is much thinner and I have the courage to go short.  Lost 101 lbs send the journey started.  I started this journey in Feb 2011.  I stall, the drop alot so I no longer become concerned about any stall.  Keep my head straight is my secret to getting through the stalls.  Wishing all my OH friends continued success. 

Starting Wt: 313 Surgery Wt: 286               

Jennifer S.
on 9/8/11 2:13 pm - CA
 I am doing good. Love my sleeve. Would do it again. I have lost 70lbs. It is slower now but still moving down 1-2 lbs a week. I am losing hair too. But it will come back and the fat won't... LOL I can eat almost anything nothing bugs me. Love fish the most. Hate pasta of any kind. Like my protein shakes with water. The milk makes them to thick. I started taking the medicine for gall stones and got a rash so I quit that quick. Life is good. 

NSV --- went on vacation and found a seat belt extender in my suit case. Threw it away. Threw away my favorite jeans(26/28), got new ones(size 20). Went to a Dodger game and fit in the seat... etc. The list goes on.

Jennifer    
lindym
on 9/9/11 1:45 am - Canada
VSG on 04/12/11 with

My losing has come to a stop for the last month, just can't seem to get below the 200lb. mark...geez!! I still run/jog about 20 to 25km a week. Eating about 1000cals a day. Think I have to try something new to kick start my weight loss again...still struggle with water intake, I know this does not help in my quest. Love the surgery would do it all over again. I am 5'8 so at 202lbs I am in a size 14 (sometimes a 12) so no complaints there. Any suggestions on how to get myself kickstarted again would be appreciated.

vacationlover
on 9/10/11 10:53 pm, edited 9/10/11 11:00 pm
I am doing great, even thought I still have hunger.  My hunger varies from day to day.  Sometimes I am not hungry in the morning, sometimes I am.

I am finally under 189, which was my first major goal... I was that weight for about 5 minutes during a weightloss competition a few year ago.  Now I am officially at my lowest adult weight ever.  Yay!!  I have a bunch of clothes I bought back then, so it is very exciting to get a chance to wear them again.  I can't wait until I shrink out of them! :)  I haven't had a stall yet, but don't have any big loss weeks anymore.  For the last several months I consistantly lose 2.5-3 lbs each week.  I've lost a little less once, and a little more once.

I run 3-4 times a week.  I used the couch to 5 K app, and am now doing a 5 minute walk followed by a 30 minute run, then another 5 minute walk.  On the other days I either hit the gym or walk for 35 minutes to an hour.  I do weightlifting occasionally, but not as much as I would like.

My doctor's plan doesn't have me look at calories or carbs, but has me having at least 60 grams of protein a day.  I try to keep my calories 600-800.  I always eat my 2 oz of protein first, and have a little fruit or veggies afterward if I have room.  Ocassionally (maybe once or twice a month), I have popcorn or M&M's after my protein.  I have 3 meals and 2-3 snacks a day.  I track everything I consume in my LoseIt app.

Bread, crackers and similar all make me feel icky, so I stay away from them.  I don't mind, so it doesn't bug me.  Avocados give me a dumping type of reaction, so I avoid them now too.  Other than that, I pretty much eat whatever I feel like! 

I started losing my hair a few months ago, and I'm continuing to lose more.  Can't wait till that stops :)

CW: 130ish HW: 264 SW:254 Hgt: 5'2

Goals-Dr:159-MET Mine:140-MET!!! Final Goal: 135-MET!!!!!

W4:-22 W8:-11 W12:-10.5 W16:-12 W20:-11.5 W24:-9.5 W28:-8 W32:-7.5 W36:-8 W40:-7.5 W44:-5 W48: -4.5 1Yr/W52: -7

glmglb
on 9/12/11 3:11 am
VSG on 04/21/11 with
 In more positive news from me although the weight is sooo slow to drop I have gone from a 3x/24 or 26 clothing size to a 1x/xl size top 16 bottom...go figure

Goodbye 320's - Done
300's - Done
290's - Done
280's  -Done
270's
260's
250's
240's
230's
220's
200's