Has anyone used a Mexico Docor??

Mary E.
on 9/11/11 11:34 am - SD
VSG on 03/03/12 with

I am considering having VSG surgery.  Has anyone used a doctor from Mexico??  Have you had any difficulty with the surgery??  Please give me any information that you can so I can further my search and decision. Thank you any help is appreciated.

sleeve genie
on 9/11/11 11:49 am - Alhambra, CA
Lots of people have gone to Mexico for the surgery.   You should get lots of replies.   You might want to check out the Mexico forum.   This is def the best thing i ever did for myself,  Good luck to you :o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

Maintaining Cindy
on 9/11/11 11:53 am, edited 9/11/11 11:53 am
Yes I had a great experience with a very skilled surgeon:

Dr Sergio Verboonen
and his Patient Co-ordinator:   Sheri

He performs the surgery in Cancun and Tijuana

All the best,

Cindy

soulsister
on 9/11/11 11:56 am, edited 9/11/11 11:57 am - NY
I will be having the sleeve done in Tijuana with Dr. kelly. His price is affordably but has been increasing since he is an up and coming top mexican surgeon from what I have researched.
My date is nov. 8.
Also research the top two: aceves and alvarez.
Foxbins
on 9/11/11 12:26 pm
I had surgery with Dr. Aceves.  No nausea, no vomiting, no pain, no complications.  I'm 9.5 lbs from my goal.
walmartian
on 9/11/11 12:33 pm
this is the lin to the mexico forum. I had mine with Dr kelly in March, NO problems of any kind, in fact it was all GREAT!http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/mexico/

DonnaCrosland
on 9/11/11 1:48 pm - WA
Lots of great docs in Mexico.  I have used Dr. Ortiez and highly recommend him and his staff.  Carolyn - his patient facilitator is great.    I like OCC (Obesity Control Center) because they have a great facility of their own as well as other services and have been one of the top facilities and surgeons for over 13 years.  Dr. Ortiez trained alot of the US Surgeons....and was just in Newsweek...

Please don't hesitate to ask me any questions.  I will be back down in October for a revision - my band of 9 years failed and he is doing my revision to a sleeve...

Good luck...

Donna
LeahBea
on 9/11/11 4:39 pm
VSG on 05/31/11 with
Dr. Alvarez was my surgeon, had a great experience. If you have questions, shoot me a message and I'll give you all the details.

Leah

shunt1960
on 9/11/11 10:29 pm
VSG on 04/28/10 with
I had my surgery with Dr. Joya in Puerto Vallarta. Wonderful experience. Highly recommend him. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Good luck in your search.
SW /CW/GW   307.6/202/180    Not a Sprint but what a Journey it is

mojomom
on 9/12/11 12:09 am
I had my surgery in TJ with Dr. Jaime Ponce de Leon and he was fantastic.  So far, I'm doing great at 6 weeks out. 

A word to the wise.  DO YOUR RESEARCH!  Be sure to look at stats, look on the search area of this site to find out about those who have had complications.  It is very, very important that you do your homework.  There are doctors mentioned in replies to you, who have had some scarey results with patients on this site, as well.  Look out, too, for many coordinators who will tell you anything to get you to sign with a surgeon, because they get a cut.  Don't forget, business is done VERY differently in Mexico, so be wise.

At the end of the day, the doctor is just the beginning.  You have a big responsibility to prepare yourself properly for this surgery and to take care of yourself properly afterward.  For those of us who have used Mexican surgeons, the aftercare is different.  We don't attend support groups and many don't have nutritionists.  That's why forums like this are so incredibly important and helpful.

Good luck with your search.

Mojomom

Most Active