I had my gall bladder removed today...

Tawni F.
on 9/21/11 12:59 pm - TX
 I had been having really bad pains in my chest and back.  A trip to the ER one night confirmed gall stones so I have surgery today to remove my gall bladder, I am feeling pretty crappy and really sore but when I heal up it will be worth it not to have another attack.  The doc that did my sleeve also did my surgery today, thanks doc your the best!!   He told me that it is very common for people that have WLS to end up needing to have their gall bladder removed and that the rapid weightloss causes stones.  I am hoping I heal fast, if anyone has any advice please send it my way... Thanks a bunch! 

p.s.  If anyone has any ??  please feel free to ask...            

USAF Wife
on 9/21/11 1:16 pm
I had mine removed at 8 months post-op, and if you were able to identify any types of foods that caused an attack, I would recommend avoiding those foods. I had to cut my fat intake substantially post GB removal. And, I'm not talking crappy, fatty foods, I'm talking peanut butter, avocados, nuts, etc etc all had to be removed from my diet because I would get that funky pain in my shoulder, and bathroom episodes that were far from pleasant. It took a few months for my system to adjust, but then it was back to the normal eating and food intake.

Best wishes on a continued recovery!
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

PBJ
on 9/21/11 1:35 pm
Best wished on a speedy recovery. The same thing happened to me at 4 mo out from my sleeve.  I was very tired after from having 2 surgeries so close but healed well. Use the heating pad for your tummy comfort..that is my tip for you!  Hang in there...everyday gets better!!

Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views