Not liking the attention I'm getting

acbbrown
on 10/18/11 5:29 am - Granada Hills, CA
Any time you go through a major change, you will get comments. Its human nature, period.

You can do what I did at first and loudly threw a tempertantrum in the hallway at work about how ridiculous it was for people to make comments EVERY SINGLE DAY when its obvious i didnt change over night. People gasped and looked at me, and then the comments became less frequent. i dont recommend that route because people who were just trying to be nice (and just wanted to talk to me but we had nothing in common or any reason to talk) were offended.

Now, honestly, I've come to peace that I have to go through this. The comments will keep coming, people will keep talking. So, acceptance. It's okay. It has nothing to do with your worth or anything like that. Smile, say thanks, and move on. You dont need to have an extended discussion, but if you just think that they are well meaning comments, you'll be okay. It is uncomfortable at first, but if you dont over think it, it will get easier.

Weight loss is such a weird area socially - everyone is always trying at one point or another to watch their diet or work out or lose weight, so success stories are always headline news. Just how it is especially in work place environments.

Embrace your new self, have some confidence in the new you, and let the comments roll off your shoulders. There are bigger things to worry about and you DESERVE all the attention you are getting because YOU ARE fabulous :) Rinse and repeat every day until you believe it!!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Patricia M.
on 10/18/11 1:06 pm
In a weird perhaps different way I know how you feel. I feel so uncomfortable when my overweight coworkers keep saying over and over how much better I look. It almost makes me feel guilty. I dont expect everyone to have the surgery but at least I hope they can get motivated to eat healthy and work out. I don't judge them because I have been there but I Lmost feel like I am being judged.

However going back to you just smile say thanks. If you stay there chatting explaining how much you have lost then it will be a topic of conversation over and over. So change the subject or simply go back to work or on a break. I honestly think for the most part they are just amazed how good you look and want to compliment you.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 167 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 442 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 464 views