First official meal

susanraywilliams
on 10/25/11 12:28 am
Not a question, merely a statement.

So, I got to eat my first official meal since 2wk liquids post-op.

I decided to fix scrambled eggs.

Yep, not as exciting as I thought it would be.
10 small, eraser size bites and I was satisfied.
I don't know if it was because I was full or just bored.

I'm not stuffed or uncomfortable feeling. I'm just okay. So now I get to wait an hour before drinking anything.

"Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." William Duran

Karen-Adventure
on 10/25/11 12:35 am
Woohoo .  I admit those were the best tasting eggs I ever had. LOL

susanraywilliams
on 10/25/11 3:19 am
LOL

"Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." William Duran

luvliz80
on 10/25/11 1:04 am - CA
Try having some vegitarians beans with then with some low fat cheese. Im trying that today. Right now youll feel full with just a couple bites but soon youll be having a lil more once your pouch get use to it. I had a full 2 oz of tuna yesterday. I was suprised but I felt so full for the rest of the evening.
susanraywilliams
on 10/25/11 3:18 am
My nut said I could have FF refried beans during this stage. Just not to make them my main source of protein.

apple55
on 10/25/11 2:38 am
Wow that is great how long did you wait for your first mushy meal?
susanraywilliams
on 10/25/11 3:03 am
2 wks of liquids. I did have a slip up a few days ago and ate something I shouldn't have and I sure wouldn't suggest it to anyone. It could have caused problems.
Thanks! I feel it's great. I'm just glad to move to the next step.

apple55
on 10/25/11 4:57 am
Good for you, sounds like you are on track as you should be, I cant wait for a scrambled egg!
jessicae
on 10/25/11 11:40 am
my first eggs were just so-so. however, after 6 days of pureed/soft foods, I have now realized that i can spice them up and am actually looking forward to pureed eggs. lol.

i use laughing cow wedges light cheese (either creamy swiss or queso fresco with chipotle), melt that with the scrambled egg beaters, then put them in the food processor with a little bit of taco sauce.  mmmmm.... very delicious!

Jessica              Surgery Date 9/29/11 Dr. Ian Soriano Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA          HW: 287 / Pre-Op: 280 / SW: 263.4 / CW: 161.6 GW: 145

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views