update on tummy tuck had it Monday

Valerie K.
on 10/28/11 12:17 am - Dearborn, MI
 Would love to say i smile but I would be wrong. The pain at times is so bad it makes me cry and loose my hearing and some times I cant think. My husband has been the rock for me. He has been waiting on me hand and foot. He has to help me get up out of bed my surgeon wants me to lay flat on my back to stretch the muscles so I am not laying in a recliner chair. My husband has to empty my drains 2 or 3 times a day. He helps me with my bindings because moving around they move up so we have to take them off and fix them. 

I have no idea how people who are all alone can do this for them selves. To day is the first day I am able to sit at the computer with out yelling ouch. I never knew how much you use all your stomach muscles. I can not say I would tell others to do this. I cant stand the pain. 

My surgeon gave me the tool. Now it is up to me to use it right.

mrsfloflo
on 10/28/11 12:34 am - Grand Prairie, TX

Oh poor thing. I'm really to sorry to hear you are in so much pain. I had a friend that had a tummy tuck and it was very painful for her as well. Take care of yourself!

I'd like to do a tummy tuck after we have children, but the pain post op is one of my fears.

Either way after all this healing...your tummy will look GREAT!!

"Enjoying my life and the confidence to experience more!
My support system: God, my husband, my family and wonderful friends!! I am so richly blessed and God is a God of second chances and this is one He has blessed me with and I'm not taking it for granted!!! Yeah

emelar
on 10/28/11 12:54 am - TX
We had a plastic surgeon at support group this month.  He said the tummy tuck/lower body lift "hurts" because of the muscles they cut and tighten.  I know enough about docs to realize that "hurts" means "screaming pain." 

I'm sorry you're in such pain.  GET BETTER DRUGS!!!!  I hope the end result is worth all the suffering.
Faye56
on 10/28/11 12:38 am
VSG on 07/19/11 with
Hope you are feeling better real soon! Sorry you are in so much pain. Will say a prayer for your fast healing and recovery.

"Encourage instead of criticize.  Love instead of hate.  Hope instead of doubt. Give instead of take.  Trust instead of worry.  We open our hearts to others so that they will be prompted to open their hearts to God"  Lucy Swindoll

acbbrown
on 10/28/11 12:55 am - Granada Hills, CA
Oh no! Your surgeon should be able to give you different/more pain meds to control the pain! 

This scares me though since i need major work done. Maybe just a panni removal will do :-/

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

wert
on 10/28/11 12:56 am - MN
I had breast reduction about 7 years ago and it was the most painful thing I've ever experienced. That alone will prevent me from having any other plastic surgery. Yep, it hurts. And I live alone. Bugger! 

5'5"  Age 63  HW 212  SW 200 Currently 8 pounds below goal
Jacque 

dec721
on 10/28/11 1:41 am - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
I was hoping you wouldn't hurt as bad as I did, Valerie, because some folks don't find it that painful, heh heh.  I thought I would die the first day or two.  But in a few days, when the pain subsides, you will begin to realize that after your sleeve, this is one of the best things you ever did for yourself -- getting rid of that big ol' hangy thing off your front side! 

My surgeon wanted me up and moving around asap, which helps immensely with the healing and the gradual reduction in pain.  Getting out of bed was impossible the first time, horrific the second time, and easier and easier each time after that. 

I have not regretted my tummy tuck or breast reduction or brachioplasty for one second and cannot imagine having all that excess hangy stuff on me now!  You will get to that point before you know it :-)

Take your pain meds, walk walk walk, and drink lots of water.  You will feel better soon! 
--Dorothy

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!

lmreadynow
on 10/28/11 2:54 am
 l am so sorry for your pain. l hope it lessens every minute for you. 

HW291  SW279  l'm 5'7"        
Purkinje_Fiber
on 10/28/11 3:15 am - TX
I just wanted to say I had mine done while still very overweight years ago after both my kids were born. It was extremely painful, but I remember a point at about 2 weeks things getting much better. I also remember the feeling of the pannus being gone and you will LOVE how it feels eventually. You will be so happy to have it gone and you clothes will fit so much better. i know it feels like fire right now - so sorry you have to go through this part!

K
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
jackie W.
on 10/28/11 3:42 am - schenectady, ny
wow have been sitting on fence with this desision to have one or not this didnt help :)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 401 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 428 views