Ladies Please Help Me!!!

Miluska32
on 11/18/11 3:36 am - NJ
So I currently have PCOS and I am having a heavy flow this time around and my surgery is scheduled for Monday the 21st!

Can someone please tell me if they had a heavy period when going into surgery!
Tampon or Pad??

Sounds like a stupid question but my flow is very very heavy and I know I will be put to sleep and I'm not sure if you keep your panties on for the surgery and this seems like something I need to know.  Also if I wear a tampon will I be able to change myself after the surgery or will I be out of commission!

Please Help!!!

Thanks in advance for your help!
tillmadd
on 11/18/11 3:43 am - WI
 They had me keep my panties off but my flow did not start until the next day...I would definitely bring pads not sure about tampons...I think they will say nothing and put a pad under your bottom. You will have to wait until one of our nurse sleevers see your post or upon arrival to the hospital ask the nurse that will prep you for surgery. It will be ok they see this all the time.
HW 314    SW 297 Thanks for the season Packers! 15-2!!
**CW 234 month 1-23 month 2-14 month 3-13 month 4-11 

BuckeyeGirl
on 11/18/11 3:48 am - TN
I wasn't in this predicament myself, but this is a common question on the boards. The resounding response is usually that you just tell them in the prep area and they will bring you a hospital panty with attached pad for just such an occasion.

I think in one instance someone may have been allowed to wear their own underwear with a pad, but the most common answer is the hospital issued something. I don't think I've ever heard anyone being allowed to use a tampon.

Wow, Monday the 21st! Thats just around the corner! So exciting!

Best,
Lindsey

stacezoe
on 11/18/11 5:59 am
I had the same thing and they refused to let me where a tampon because of the risk of a surgical complication or slow wake up and they will not remove it, so they were pretty adamont, also they use a catheter so underwear were not an option... I had some pretyy embarrassing moments due to TOM, read my blog for more info! You'll be fine just bring your own stuff...also i couldn't really wal****il the ctheter was out because it was so heavy so you might have similiar issues.
 Inspiration move me brightly...Grateful Dead Terapin Station
  HW 286 SW 279 CW 231 40y/o 5'10  Month 1-17, 2-7#, 3- 7#, 4-3#,5-3#      
Nicole S.
on 11/18/11 6:13 am - Vallejo, CA
Mine started the day before surgery and I just told the nurse in the pre op room and they supplied me a pad to wear during surgery.  Since no panties are allowed I had to keep it tucked between my legs whenever I moved.

~Nicole  
Height 5'1 HW- 320 SW-265 CW- 172.2 GW 140                                

BJUpNorth
on 11/18/11 7:22 am - MN
Of course my TOM was at it's heaviest when I had my surgery. The nurses were so wonderful with me (I even had a male nurse). They had me wear a pad with my undies up until I went into surgery, then they had me use a heavy pad during surgery. They had me bring heavy pads from home (to save me money on my hospital bill) and gave me some disposable, stretchy panties for after surgery. I had a catheter too, but was still able to use the pads.

So that is how my surgery went. Just know that these are professionals. They have seen a lot of things, and this is probably pretty tame for them.

Brenda

abrown8434
on 11/19/11 2:50 am - VA
You have nothing to worry about; the nurses are great w/that! I was just starting mine when I went into surgery but I came in w/ a tampon and no pads. I had to take the tampon out to give them a urine sample and I simply couldn't put another one in. I'm so glad I couldn't because after surgery, there was NO WAY!!!

Anyway, I told her I was on my period and she gave me a pad to put on but later on, you have to take your underwear off. Anyway, when I woke up from surgery that had a pad under you. I don't know what they call it, but I call it a "dog pad" because it is a wide, sheet looking thing that is just a massive pad under your butt!

Going home, I put a pad and underwear back on and was fine. Don't worry about it; they are prepared and have seen everything! They are more than willing to help you although you might be embarrassed to ask.

HW: 550+     SW: 502      CW: 342.4  SDt: 9/20/11

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."--
Philippians 4:13, KJV

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views