how soon after surgery can I use the hot tub at the gym?

BETHC500
on 12/2/11 6:14 am
I have always loved using the hot tub to relieve back pain and sore muscles. It helps me sleep better and relax. Just wondering how soon I can go back to the hot tub. I am 4 weeks post op. thanks

ready2Bhealthy2
on 12/2/11 6:18 am
This is a great question for your surgeon's office, but my best guess would be to wait until your about 6 weeks post op to assure all your skin is intact and no bacteria can enter your body.
HW286/SW269/1mo-20lbs/2 mo-9lbs/3 mo-10lbs

1st Goal - Loss of 50lbs
BETHC500
on 12/2/11 6:19 am
I have an appt on Wed. I will ask then. I just miss it....

(deactivated member)
on 12/2/11 6:24 am
I'd watch out for the water in a public gym's hot tub.  Either it's got yucky stuff in it or there are enough chemicals to irritate your wounds.  Find a friend with a hot tub and don't do a long soa****il the glue and scabs are gone on every one of your sites.
(deactivated member)
on 12/2/11 6:29 am
i have full on aversion to public pools/restrooms/hot tubs - - but i was released to use my hot tub at the house last wkend.   it was JUST what i needed.

check w/your dr - my incisions were healed @ 4+ wks out.

Ms Shell
on 12/2/11 6:57 am - Hawthorne, CA
 Please be careful with hottubs as the LAST thing you want is some nasty bacteria getting into your wounds.  Once you are completely heeled you have a LIFETIME...start with just a hot bath in the safety of your home.

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

karenmac3
on 12/2/11 10:55 am - Dunlap, IL
My Dr said I had to stay out of the pool and hot tub at the gym until 8 weeks out. Frustrating, but I've been able to hold off so far!
 38 yrs old, 5'8"   HW: 338   SW: 307.2   CW: 235.0

doggz109
on 12/2/11 12:18 pm - CA
VSG on 01/12/12
I wouldn't go into the hot tub at a gym if you paid me.  Have you seen the nasty dead skin floating in those things?  God knows what else.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 272 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views