First day of Personal Training!! Advice??

cdarragh
on 12/12/11 9:53 pm - Abilene, TX
And OMG, I am already sore!!

I feel like I just got over being sore from Friday's yoga class ... and now I'm right back where I was!! But I have to keep telling myself that it WILL get better!!! I did get a little dizzy off and on but I was able to keep up and do everything that she told me to! I'm looking forward to not being sore anymore!! LOL I'll be going twice a week from here on out so, Lord give me strength!!

Question for some of you vets out there?? I know that since I am working out I need to up my calorie intake, at least a little, what is a good healthy way to get in a couple hundred more calories? I already feel like I'm eating all day long in order to reach even 650 calories so it's a MAJOR struggle for me! I would appreciate any and all advice!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!

Cristy
HW: 355 SW: 322 GW: 160 HT: 6'1"

Lori B.
on 12/12/11 10:15 pm
1. Get a heart rate monitor. That will show what calories you are burning each session and is a hell of a motivator. Ive been using my polar F6 with chest strap for almost 2 years and I love it. Burned over 800 calories this morning.

2. Keep setting small goals to challenge you and keep you interested.

3. Have fun with it. Once you see how much you can accomplish you will enjoy it.

Good luck to you and keep it moving!

~Lori
~Lori

HW 286.5   GW 155   CW 153
acbbrown
on 12/12/11 10:53 pm - Granada Hills, CA
I don't think you need to increase your calories at this point. You are just a month out. You don't really need to increase your calories unless you are going to be doing some endurance training and you shouldn't even have the energy to do that for a few months.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

(deactivated member)
on 12/12/11 11:21 pm
cdarragh
on 12/12/11 11:32 pm - Abilene, TX
Thanks for the advice!

My surgeon said that I could return to regular activities @ 6 weeks post op, which I will be at tomorrow. I have told all of the people that I have had contact with at the gym about the surgery so they know that the concern for something to happen is there. So far I have felt fine in my core area, albeit sore! But most of my soreness is in my legs right now. My biggest concern surrounds me getting a little light headed and dizzy. I really don't feel that I'm pushing my body too far physically, I just need more of an intake to make up for what I'm working off. Trust me, this is not just for a couple months to have some extra weight drop off. I plan on sticking to this for as long as finacially possible because it is better for me to have a motivator instead of just going to the gym on my own.

Thanks for the forum link, I didn't think of that!

Cristy

(deactivated member)
on 12/13/11 12:03 am
cdarragh
on 12/13/11 12:46 am - Abilene, TX
Good points!! Thanks again for dishing out some advice!!

wls2011
on 12/12/11 11:40 pm - Ballston Lake, NY
 You are early out so it will be hard to eat still and get a lot of calories in....if you were getting dizzy, it means you need to eat closer to the time of working out, you probably had burned off more than your intake, and were low blood sugar, this happens to me...I try to eat fairly close to working out, somthing high in protein and a bit of carbs. But not too close to working out, or it will be hard to take in any fluids and you will be thirsty.

Anyway, I never purposely increased my calories for exercise, I find that is counterproductive..you want the biggest deficit to burn off the most calories you can...but within reason...you don't want to get lightheaded and dizzy and feel sick from the workouts. Cut back on the frequency or intensity of your exercise, if you feel like you can't eat enough to sustain the workouts. Your body is still healing from major surgery, and there is plenty of time for some grueling workouts in the future...the workouts I can do now are completely different than early out.

Alain Polynice Arm Lift & Revision BL 4/15/15

Alain Polynice Hernia Repair, Revision TT, Lipo Flanks 5/28/14

Dr. Lee Gallbladder Removal 5/28/14

Francisco Sauceda  TT & BL  6/3/13

Mitchell Roslin VSG 5/12/11

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 90 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 311 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op