Temptation Shocker

rhearob
on 12/17/11 9:09 am - TN
 I was on a plane today, and was shocked to find myself tempted by the airline peanuts more than anything else since my sleeve.  Before surgery I would fiend on Potatoes and Popcorn.  A couple of weeks ago I was able to go to a movie and not be tempted at all by the buttered popcorn (Iloved smelling it, but was fine not having any.  I have been able to pass up french fries, baked potatoes, etc.  

I was so close to ripping open those little bags and swallowing them whole.  I didn't, realizing that those 2 little bags were a meals worth of calores with only 6g of protein.  

I'm just wondering what foods have provided the most temptation for others, and were you surprised by it?

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

ready2Bhealthy2
on 12/17/11 9:23 am
I crave fish like crazy.  I love it and want it all the time and cooked in every way possible. My favorite is salmon.  Surer I liked salmon before but had it once every year or so...now I eat it multiple times a week.  If it's not salmon it's shrimp or some other fish.  I crave it so badly that I have to be careful not to over eat when I have it.  Last time I over ate it took two hours to feel normal again...ughhh that was horrible.  I think it's great that I crave fish and could care less about the other crap.  However, when it's my TOM I do want a little chocolate and I do have it...minimally of course. 

Yes I am super surprised by my craving/temptation.  I never would have thought I would want seafood as much as I do.
HW286/SW269/1mo-20lbs/2 mo-9lbs/3 mo-10lbs

1st Goal - Loss of 50lbs
happyteacher
on 12/17/11 9:22 pm
 That's weird.  I have not been sleeved yet (Monday) but I have been craving seafood since I started the shakes.  My only good craving!  Just gotta get my less then enthusiastic fish eating family on board.  Just chatted with the hubby about getting shrimp in the house and I can skewer those up for dinners without the rest of the family having to imbibe.  

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

RosieSweetie21
on 12/17/11 9:28 am
Congratulations! Good for you  that you resisted temptation. Just keep remembering you are on a different path and you are not going to get in trouble because of 2 little bags of peanuts! See if you can find a high protein item with peanuts (I know there are some high protein bars with peanuts that are not too high in calories) & bring one with you for future flights. ( If you plan your treat, you won't have to deal with guilt) . I just had surgery a few days ago and  the surgery is still fresh in my mind, so I don't have much temptation now. (I'm still getting pains when I drink too much too quickly) . I also know that it took an awful lot of time, energy, soul searching ,and money( even though I have insurance, I have plenty of coinsurance and copays), to get the surgery. I am sure you did too-. You CAN make good choices ! Be Good!  
rhearob
on 12/17/11 9:31 am - TN
 Cpngratulations on your surgery.   I hope you find it as rewarding as I have.  I feel better than I have in years.  

The nausea and discomfort will fade soon. 

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

roundater
on 12/17/11 11:29 am - Lincoln, NE
Congrats. Temptations are always tough especially this time of the year.
Rich Sonderegger

VeronicaJ5
on 12/17/11 11:33 am - Albany, NY
DS on 07/05/16
Salisbury steak I hate this stuff and mom cooked it my first night home now all I want is some lol
Samantha H.
on 12/17/11 3:27 pm - Kuwait City, Kuwait
I want bacon more than anything in this world right now. Previously, my husband was not allowed to make bacon when I was in the house because just the smell of it made me nauseous. He was definitely suffering!

The first night I came home, I started craving bacon something fierce. I made my hubby cook and so I could smell it and see if it still made me nauseous. No such luck. I wanted it even more! Now, I've planned my first meal to be bacon cheeseburgers, and I also did not like beef! 

I was never a vegetarian or opposed to the slaughter of animals, just never liked the taste. Now, all I want is meat, meat, meat! This new stomach is crazy, but hubby is really enjoying it! lol 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 177 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 451 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 475 views