What is your occupation?

46_11tobeme
on 12/28/11 11:00 pm - NJ
 So fun to see everyones occupations! I am a Registered Dietitian and Certified Diabetes Educator - work in sales/education, specialty is Diabetes and Insulin pumps. I took 6 weeks off b/c I spend a lot of time on the road and I really needed it.

We have such an interesting group of people here. No wonder it is a great place to go for advice and to hear different experiences! 

This is a fun thread!

Rekeca
on 12/28/11 11:19 pm - NC
My title is Site Coordinator. I work for a health reimbursement company. I assist patients that are un insured or  under insured with finding copay assistance for certain very expensive medications. I also assist the providers office with verifying the benefits for their patients to figure out what is the best access option for the patient and if they are eligible for any type of copay assistance.  Its basically a desk job and I took 3 weeks off. I could have went back after two weeks.

GAFROMVA
on 12/28/11 11:19 pm - Alexandria, VA
VSG on 12/08/10 with
 I'm in Software Development/Software support, so spend hours on the computer. I have the ability to work over VPN, so I took off two weeks, but I had so much leave because I'm basically a workaholic. My coworkers made me take an additional two weeks off. My recovery was pretty easy I could've went back to work after a week though. 
Glen
The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese. 

HW: 565, Surgery Day: 486 CW: 319
Jocelyn P.
on 12/28/11 11:25 pm - San Antonio, TX
I sit at a computer all day answering help desk calls and managing software for our school. I took off 2 weeks, but I was itching to go back after a week.  I worked for a week, then we got our two week winter break off. So basically I got 4 weeks off. I was pretty bored, but used the time to learn how to eat and measure and all that stuff.

5' tall  HW209/SW194/CW153.4/GW140
It's never too late to be who you might have been. ~George Eliot  

asweetiepye
on 12/28/11 11:30 pm
I am a RN. I took off 8 weeks.

Andrea- HT- 5' 7" HW-286 SW-265  CW-153.6
jojomoe523
on 12/29/11 12:08 am - PA
i am a bank manager and i was back to work full time a week later. my energy was through the roof the first couple of weeks. luckily i had a  very good recovery. i did wind up in the er 2 days before i went back, but it turned out it was nothing.

Joanne

nilesmama08
on 12/29/11 12:17 am - Atlanta , GA
I am a teacher at the elementary and college level. I tried so hard to have surgery over the summer but my insurance company sucks! I took two weeks off and everything was fine.
    LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat   I met my initial goal of 160!          
jaded123
on 12/29/11 1:21 am - MD
I am a closed captioner.   I was off for 2 weeks.  When I came back to work, I was moving carefully, but that's fine since it's a sedentary job :)

HW: 310 /  Lost 15 on pre-op diet  /  SW: 295  /  CW: --- /  GW: 170-175

barber64
on 12/29/11 2:37 am - Temecula, CA
VSG on 06/06/12
I’m a Barber that is on my feet for 12 hours on Sundays. I do 95% Marines here in Oceanside. Other days I’m a Realtor. I like to thank everyone for posting your occupation and how much time you took off.  It’s interesting to see what everyone’s occupation is.
(deactivated member)
on 12/29/11 2:53 am
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 364 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 409 views