Feb 4th: The start of my NEW LIFE!!! Anyone else getting sleeved around then?

goingforit1
on 1/9/12 2:40 am
VSG on 02/04/12 with
It is confirmed that I will get the VSG surgery on Feb 4th and will start my new life.  I am SO EXCITED!!! 

I am stocking up on soups, sf jello, crystal light, bought myself a new pair of comfy pajamas to recover in, a cute new mug so sipping is more fun, protein powder, and getting my house in great order so that I will feel happy coming home to it.

I am trying to have a really great attitude about the post-op diet and if I could go get the surgery done today I would!  I have decided to not go crazy before the surgery but I will eat out at a couple of my favorite restaurants that I won't be visiting for a while just so I've done it and so I won't miss it so much for a while. 

I also think that I will make a bucket list in the next couple of weeks. My weight has held me back from doing SO much (almost everything exciting and fun!) and I want to get excited about some non food things.  I want to go on a big zip line, I want to hike mountains, I want to run.   Focusing on these things is helping me keep my eye on the prize.  

I also have a few things to look forward to and get happy about besides the weight loss:  I will treat myself to a pedicure on my first 20 lbs gone.  My husband, for Christmas, bought me tickets to a broadway play for 3 weeks post op and I am looking forward to that in a big way! 

Any other sleevers getting done in the beginning of Feburary?
favrow812
on 1/9/12 3:03 am - Olathe, KS
VSG on 02/20/12
Good luck on your journey! I'm getting sleeved on February 20th!

There is only one success--to be able to spend your life in your own way.

schmiegel3
on 1/9/12 3:09 am - MI

I am getting mine done on Feb. 16th.  I am so excited as well.  I cannot "weight" to begin this journey of my life.  This is something that I have always wanted was to be at a healthy weight and that is a dream that I haven't been able to achieve.....ever!  So, with the sleeve as my best friend....I will get to that dream. 

Eileen73
on 1/9/12 3:33 am - NY
VSG on 01/24/12
I am scheduled for January 24th.  :)
cpbkmb06
on 1/9/12 4:40 am
VSG on 02/02/12
February 2nd is my date!! Good luck to you :)

jessicae
on 1/9/12 6:26 am
congratulations on getting your date!  i'm already sleeved but tha'ts my birthday so it's going to be a good day for all!  keep us posted on your progress!

Jessica              Surgery Date 9/29/11 Dr. Ian Soriano Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA          HW: 287 / Pre-Op: 280 / SW: 263.4 / CW: 161.6 GW: 145

kahlana
on 1/9/12 11:44 pm - Sitka, AK
VSG on 01/26/12
Mine is scheduled for the first of Feb. Can't wait. this last few weeks feels like it is just dragging on and on lol.
mommy794
on 1/11/12 3:01 am

Feb 6th for me, was going for Jan. 30 but this date works better with my husbands work sch. I'm so ready! Good Luck to us ALL :) 

LaughingCow
on 1/11/12 3:10 am - VA
VSG on 02/01/12 with
Feb 1.

I went to the hospital and did an EKG, blood tests, urinalysis, chest x-ray, gallbladder sonogram, GI consult and nurse interview.

Now I have four more hurtles: EGD (upper endoscopy), two nutrition classes, and the surgeon's meeting.

Woot!
Amy
VSG on 2/1/12 with Dr. Halmi
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 66 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 251 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 319 views