Year out, before and after face shot.

caralikesglass
on 1/8/12 8:14 am

I am just over 1 year out. With pre-op weight loss and post surgery weight loss, I have lost roughly 140 pounds. I hope to lose about another 25-30 lbs. It's hard to know how much is loose skin, though! I have had some set-backs, but luckily they have just manifested as stalls and not regain. I had a nightmare the other night that i gained it all back and it kind of lit a fire under my butt to go back to basics and see if I can get this going again.
For people thinking about getting the surgery: I would do it again in a heartbeat. I can go shopping without using the shopping cart as a walker. My stamina is so much better and my joints don't hurt as much. I can tolerate hot weather better, although in the cooler months I am always on the chilly side. At my highest, I was big enough to where I couldn't buy even the extended sizes at Target, etc. But now a L or XL almost anywhere, like JC Penney, Target, Macy's, etc does me just fine. I hadn't bought a T-shirt at Disneyland since I was a kid, due to my obesity. I was ecstatic to walk into one of the cutesy boutiques in the New Orleans Square section of Disneyland and buy a shirt and be able to fit into it. And it fit nicely, it wasn't like I was stuffed into a sausage casing. And it wasn't even the largest size they had. In case you are wondering, the sex is better in general, but I don't think the surgery will fix profound issues in the sack by itself. YMMV.  
Same style shirt in the pic, just different sizes. Thanks for reading!
I am having trouble getting my pic into the post, so here is a link. Sorry about that!
http://images.obesityhelp.com/uploads/profile/915183/albums/95433/greenshirtshots.jpg

Highest Weight: 317 Surgery Weight: 268 Current Weight: 179.7  

MrsClaus09
on 1/8/12 8:39 am
You look amazing!!!!  Keep up the GREAT work!
My journey:   http://abowlfullofjelly.blogspot.com/ w/ March 2011 Sleevers List
"Sleeve Santa Sleeve!"

HW: 309 ~ PreOpW: 306 ~ SW: 293 ~ CW: 184  
LaToya S.
on 1/8/12 8:45 am - Edwardsville, IL
What a huge difference!!! Way to go!!!

LaToya
www.youtube.com/user/lmscrogg

Twitter: @ScrogginsFamily  

jessicae
on 1/8/12 8:59 am
 wow! you look amazing!  congratulations! 

Jessica              Surgery Date 9/29/11 Dr. Ian Soriano Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA          HW: 287 / Pre-Op: 280 / SW: 263.4 / CW: 161.6 GW: 145

trayb17
on 1/8/12 9:03 am
VSG on 01/05/12
Beautiful! Congrats and keep working toward your goal...you can do it!!
amyjoy22
on 1/8/12 9:12 am - CA
 You look fantastic WOW!  Congrats and keep up the good work 

O.kay
on 1/8/12 9:16 am - DFW, TX
What a difference - you look wonderful! Congratulations.
SchnauzerLover
on 1/8/12 10:13 am - TX
So glad to know that the stalls are everywhere, Congratulations on all your hard work!!!
abrown8434
on 1/8/12 10:21 am - VA
You look amazing just from the headshots! Keep up the good work!

HW: 550+     SW: 502      CW: 342.4  SDt: 9/20/11

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."--
Philippians 4:13, KJV

goingforit1
on 1/8/12 12:32 pm
VSG on 02/04/12 with
what an ASTOUNDING difference!! Way to go!!!!
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views