Has anyone had alcohol?

BriarRose
on 1/27/12 12:10 pm
Uh, none. Try a nice iced tea with a twist of lemon or lime. No soda, no alcohol !

I had a few sips of white wine at about 6 months out. At 8 months out I had about one forth of a frozen margarita at a wedding. I was tipsy for two hours afterwards.

I would NOT drink alcohol until at least 6 months out. Your stomach is still healing. I cannot imagine pouring alcohol on raw stomach lining ! Can you ? Ouch.
Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
cracsgrl
on 1/27/12 1:00 pm
 I was allowed alcohol after 2 weeks but didnt have any til I was about 4 wks. I have had wine, smirnoff ice(diluted), Pink Cadillac not all at once but over a 2 week period these are some that I have tried. The wine really didnt have any affect on me but the pink cadillac martini  only had half of it and definitly felt that one.  Just drink in moderation.

tripmom02
on 1/27/12 1:14 pm - NJ
 Yeah, I would say it's probably not a good idea this early out just because the reaction you might have could screw up date night (and who wants that right?). 

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

Pkrplyr777
on 1/27/12 9:55 pm - CT
I'm going to jump in here and say all of the above information is true.

But the one thing not said....You don't need those calories yet!
Pretty soon, sooner than you may think, this honeymoon period will be over.
Then you will have to WORK at getting those last pounds off. You will have to seriously cut out those empty calories to get to goal.

It will be a WHOLE LOT EASIER if you give your body the edge by not starting this early.
The same goes for sweets, carbs etc.

For now just avoid them. Plenty of time for that later.

I love me a good ****tail, but I can attest to the fact that those calories are seriously hindering my weight loss efforts at this stage of the game.

I just wish I had waited until I got to goal before adding evening ****tails to my diet.

I've sworn off the sauce until I get to goal...(sigh).
donna

HW/233 *  SW/212 * CW/133 *GW/132 * 100 Pounds of FAT gone FOREVER!

Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple~Dr.Suess            
Carmelita
on 1/27/12 11:38 pm - Four Corners, NM
(deactivated member)
on 1/28/12 4:26 am
One month out???? You want to consume alcohol??? Why did you get the VSG?  Follow your Dr's orders.  If he/she says it's ok go ahead.  I can't imagine putting alcohol in a stomach that is not healed but its your stomach.  It's your calories, its your life. 
comeundone
on 1/28/12 7:01 am - OH
I had a little wine on New Years which was 1 month out for me.It was ok but I was told no more than one glass and  that it will be easier to get drunk now ( I did not at all) I have not tried anything harder
HW 289  SW 242

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 180 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 451 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 476 views