Excuses, Excuses. The neverending story

Faye56
on 2/3/12 2:09 am
VSG on 07/19/11 with
You can track your food so easy on Myfitnesspal.com. I have never counted calories or tracked anything in my life and I now use it and have no problems. Give it a try.

Also, I agree with Filicity that you really need to change your diet. If you just cut out the sugar and eat protein first that will probably jump start your weight loss again. I have exercised on and off for the 6 months since VSG but not a regular basis. I know it is very important to exercise but I have not yet gotten in to the regualr routine of it. Also, the water makes a huge difference. Make sure you get all of that in (which I struggle with).

Don't give up now ~ you have just begun this journey!! Good luck.

"Encourage instead of criticize.  Love instead of hate.  Hope instead of doubt. Give instead of take.  Trust instead of worry.  We open our hearts to others so that they will be prompted to open their hearts to God"  Lucy Swindoll

acbbrown
on 2/3/12 2:56 am - Granada Hills, CA
Is this surgery something you were ready for? Was this something you 100% wanted, or did you feel pressured to have it by someone else?

If your head isnt in the game 110% going in, its hard to get the motivation after.

It sounds like a normal stall which is frustrating, but only you can clean up your diet and start moving. No one else can do it for you.

Watch som Biggest Loser episodes - this season is called "no excuses" - time to get rid of them!!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Stacie B.
on 2/3/12 3:06 am - Charlotte, NC
On February 3, 2012 at 10:56 AM Pacific Time, acbbrown wrote:
Is this surgery something you were ready for? Was this something you 100% wanted, or did you feel pressured to have it by someone else?

If your head isnt in the game 110% going in, its hard to get the motivation after.

It sounds like a normal stall which is frustrating, but only you can clean up your diet and start moving. No one else can do it for you.

Watch som Biggest Loser episodes - this season is called "no excuses" - time to get rid of them!!
 Hmm, there's idea. I always feel inspired after watching the Biggest Loser. 
HW: 210 SW: 193 GW:120 Ht:5'0" Age: 36

BethR311
on 2/3/12 6:38 am - Fort Wayne, IN
Honey, you had surgery at a point I haven't even gotten to yet. If I could drag my 359 lb ass to the gym, you can too. The first step is the very hardest. You will find that good decisions give you momentum and desire to make more good decisions. There is a satisfaction in finishing a workout that nothing else in your life will give you. Do it. Do something. How about Curves? Hell, get a bike or a jump rope or a hula hoop. You want some good muscle tone under your shrinking self.

Open yourself to possibility and possibility will present itself.
(deactivated member)
on 2/3/12 8:16 am
I'm just starting my week 6.  FWIW I set a floor for myself.  

My floor:

I must/will track everyday.  I'm using an app on my phone called lose it, but I know lots of people here like another tracker which I may check out.

At the very minimum I walk 30 minutes a day.  If it is nice I walk around my neighborhood.  If it isn't then I go to the gym.  I've also found that I like water aerobics...easy on the joints.

It takes minimal walking each day to help the liver metabolize fat.
Happy966
on 2/3/12 8:19 am

I just erased a big response I was writing (I know, I'm wordy) and realized what I really wanted to ask was, are you depressed?  You kind of sound depressed, and a little angry too.  I mean that it the nicest way possible.

This may be a way bigger factor in how you're doing than whether you're tracking your food or how much you're exercising.   Maybe you could talk to the psychologist in your surgeon's practice, so you can figure out a way to feel better about yourself and where you are right now.

((hugs))

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 401 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 428 views