Sorry this is a TMI question

countrytat
on 2/4/12 9:47 pm - OH
VSG on 01/31/12
I had surgery 1/31/12. I had the sleeve and had my gallbladder taken out. Before surgery I always usually had loose bowels. Well seems I still have them after eating. I seem to be having liquid bowel movements 3-4 times a day. At first it feels like gas, but the farther down I feel it go in my intestines, I can tell its giong to be a bowel movement. I am not naseaus at all, just have the noisy stomach going on. Has anyone had this post op? Maybe its just from having my gallbladder out at the same time? Thanks for any info!

Alice71
on 2/4/12 9:50 pm - Canada
VSG on 01/09/12
I had the same issue and was told " liquids in , liquids out" I think mine was from the protein drinks I am allergic to whey protein. Good luck
(deactivated member)
on 2/4/12 9:53 pm
My surgeon did not want to have to remove my gallbladder because he said it would highly increase my chance to have loose bowels after surgery. I would call your doctor, however, to see when the symptoms should lighten up.

Hope you feel better!
Herbie55
on 2/4/12 9:58 pm - MI
I think most people have either diahreha or are constipated, no normal going on after surgery. I had the same problem, it gets better when you progress to a solid food diet. In the mean time just remember, never trust a fart!
countrytat
on 2/4/12 10:13 pm - OH
VSG on 01/31/12
LOL Herbie..... I have learned that! Im hoping it will get better next week.

CheeseLover
on 2/4/12 10:47 pm
VSG on 02/16/12
My mom had her gallbladder out a couple years ago and that is definitely one of the side effects of not having a gallbladder. Not sure if it could also be sleeve-related but given the galldbladder, I'd say it's normal.
 HW: 396 SW: 299 CW: 252 GW: 175

FINALLY BROKE THAT GOD-AWFUL STALL!!!!
Michelle201
on 2/4/12 11:20 pm - NY
VSG on 01/12/12
I had my gallbladder removed at the same time also. That is the side effects of removing the gallbladder. My surgeon said that some excess bile goes into the intestines causing the diarrhea after about a week my symptoms went away. In the meanwhile, take the advice and don't trust that fart.

cpbkmb06
on 2/4/12 11:42 pm
VSG on 02/02/12
I would say for now it is normal. Some people have a definite change in bowel habits after a gall bladder removal alone. You also have to concider how much your diet has on top of that. I would give it a few more days and if it hasn't stopped, you may call the dr. I had my gall bladder removed 8 years ago and I was sleeved 3 days ago and my stools are all liquid too. The nurse just said it was because of all the fluids I am getting and no solid food.

frannypance
on 2/5/12 12:01 am
 Solid protein diet will cure that .  Then constipation becomes an issue as protein is constipating.  Good luck.

tazman74
on 2/5/12 12:57 am - lakeville, MN
VSG on 01/31/12
I was sleeved the same day as you and gallbladder out also and same thing exactly today I have noticed more air is coming out but I am on clear liquids still and battling a very sore throat. just give it time it should get better but If its to bothersome I would call and talk to a nurse.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 268 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 328 views